Masters Running

Bike race across Indiana...VERY short, don't worry (Read 395 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

160 miles Cycling across Indiana, from the West to East Border - 6 hours 53 minutes and 28 seconds - 23.2 ave mph. We had a team of 8 who worked all together to try and break 7 hours. The very cool temps and tail wind made a big difference. We finished 4th in our Category (Elite) and I ended up being 49th out of 1002 Cyclists....not counting the Pros who made money (lucky Dawgs) 3 of us rode the 40 miles home from the finish line after the race, to make a 200 mile day....the first for me and them! My Butt Hurts... (grins) Whew!!!!!I very much look forward to Marathon training now, after "this streak" of madness. Timbo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maniac 505

awesome ride tim.  every summer I think this will be the year I do a century  hasn't happened yet.  80 is my longest ride,  but it has always been on running legs.  Maybe this year??

Fantastic ride, Tim.  My coach does centuries and is gearing up for a double century.  My butt hurts just thinking about it.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nice job Tim! Way to go! I am glad you are combining the cycling and running---you are clearly strong and fit.
          wildchild

Carolyn

(((Tim's butt))) 

Congrats on the 4th place finish and on your first double century!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

#artbydmcbride

Wildchild beat me to it!!!  

Oh well... Big grin   {{{{Tim's Butt}}}}

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Yowza!  Awesome!  Now rest up....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Well, that is certainly impressive!  Didn't know your middle name was Lance.

I did 80 once, but it was in K's so I guess that doesn't even come close to a century, eh?

Sorry I missed you in Seattle.  There will be another reunion at some point and I will be there, damn it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

Impressive ride, Tim!!

Nicely done

and because there can never be enough butt hugging . . . {{{{Tim's butt}}}}

Tammy

evanflein

Alrighty then, I think the butt hugging has been well taken care of. I'll just add my kudos to a great ride and congrats on finishing under 7 hours! That's a terrific accomplishment.