Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 7.14.17 (Read 39 times)

Mariposai

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I am having a great and relaxing day. I took the day off to celebrate me Smile. The Easy Pacer took the day off as well to pampered me . I started the day by running my traditional 14 birthday miles. EP drove me up a canyon and I ran back home.. My running buddy joined me for the last 5 smile miles. It was such a good run. Slow, but I enjoyed every mile with a heart filled with thanks to Creator for his blessings on this last year.

At about mile 13 we ran on a street where they were having a neighborhood yard sale. The last house had a bike for sale, actually it was my "other daughter's" house and the bike belonged to her, she moved up to a fancier bike. Anyway, long story short, I purchased my birthday bike for 10 dollars . My new bike Carmen will need a new tire, then she should be ready to me.

Now time to go to the lake kayaking,

Happy birthday wildchild, birthday sistaahhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!  Greetings from Tazewell, Tennessee!

We spent the day on the pontoon boat, tooling around the lake and playing in the water.  I am not normally someone who likes lake water, but Norris Lake seems very clean, and the water was the perfect temperature.  Now we are back at the cabin, showered and relaxing on the huge deck.  We are fortunate to have such a great group of friends to have these kinds of adventures with.

Happy Birthday to Carolyn and Nancy!

This morning was my turn to cook breakfast (actually DH and I, but since I was making bagel, egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches to order, it was easier ti shoo him out and do it myself), so I didn't have time to run far, but I did get in 5.1 miles.

My boss was texting me about a case this morning, so I sent him a selfie from the boat, hair flying and water churning behind me, and said, "On the pontoon, sketchy reception, talk to you Monday!"

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My boss was texting me about a case this morning, so I sent him a selfie from the boat, hair flying and water churning behind me, and said, "On the pontoon, sketchy reception, talk to you Monday!"

Fantastic.  Sounds like you should be havin' a birthday too.

C-R: forty and more years ago I could actually wear for a couple of years the oldest and now seemingly miniature singlet from the University of Singapore Student-Faculty Relay in 1972.  Knowing I'll never be back there again's made it a lot easier just to keep it in a growing stack of boxes in the garage instead of deciding what to do. However, thinking about downsizing and knowing I'll never get it to fit again as long as I'm in good enough shape to run makes it a little easier to decide what to do, though.  However, DS has a huge, oversized multi-vehicle garage with lots of rafters and loft space. ,  . . .    no, don't worry.  I wouldn't do that to him.  That's why I'm doing it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

flats

turtle runner eximious

SRD for me, but I went out for a late 5+ thinking about running friend who just past.

I just dusted off my camelback. Time to get some long miles in tomorrow.

Hope you had a great day Mariposai.

Michael

tetsujin209 I spent a week in Singapore a couple of years ago. I think I am the only person I know who really liked the place. I hope to get back there.

Happy birthday wildchild and mariposai.

Holly S. great reply! 

This morning was an hour on the elliptical. Then grocery shopping. Then a meeting at work. Then more grocery shopping. Then some work (alas not as much as I wanted to get done). Then I made dinner and started cooking for the big barbecue bash at my house tomorrow. A friend of mine and I put this on once a year. It looks like this year we will have about 50 people over. By the way, if any of my RA friends here want an invitation let me know. I am 0 for whatever in RA invites so far. But hope springs eternal!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/