Masters Running

Weekly Running and X-training w/e 3/7/10 (Read 656 times)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Looks like Leslie is a little busy so decided to start the thread this week.  And it is Tuesday.

• Mon: 15 mins of AM core excercise 100 push-ups [40, 20, 20, 20], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.  Running rest day
    • Tue: 15 mins of AM core excercise 110 push-ups [40, 30, 20, 20] , 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.  4.1 mile run this morning easy pace @ 8:25.  PM Free weight work-out - 1 hour.
    • Wed: 15 mins of AM core excercise 120 push-ups [40, 40, 20, 20] , 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.  PM:  1 mile warm-up then  8X400m intervals  6:21/6:39/6:45/6:50/6:54/7:05/6:47/6:57.
    • Thur: 15 mins of AM core excercise 100 push-ups [40, 20, 20, 20] , 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.  PM: 3.5 mile easy run pace @ 8:20.  20 min circuit weight work-out post -run
    • Fri: 15 mins of AM core excercise 100 push-ups [30, 30, 20, 20] , 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.
    • Sat: 15 mins of AM core excercise 110 push-ups [30, 30, 30, 20] , 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.  Followed by 6.14 mile run @8:14 pace.  90 min free weight work-out; whole body with some leg works.
    • Sun: 15 mins of AM core excercise 110 push-ups [40, 30, 20, 20] , 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; light stretching.  Followed  by 4.1 mile easy  run @ 8:25 pace.

Total miles:  22.6 miles; push-ups 750 for week; 1.75 hrs core work-out; 2.5 hrs free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Oh Shadow......you have no idea what you have done.  When Leslie finds out about this...........

Mon........rest............rest

Tues......6miles.......6miles

Wed.......12miles.....12miles + stirring up troubl

Thurs.....rest.............rest

Frid........9miles.......9miles

Sat.........3miles.......3.5miles w/LMD

Sun.......15miles....16miles

total....46.5miles

Thanks Shadow.  And I know Leslie is snowed under (figuratively) so I bet she appreciates you too!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      evanflein

Thanks Shadowrunner! I'm sure Leslie is fine with it. 

I'm in Scottsdale this week for meetings, but hope to keep up the running as much as possible. Regular schedule is all switched around depending on time available. Probably not much cross training this week...

Monday: Travel day, 2 mile walk in the evening

Tuesday: 11.4 miles, lots of hilly stuff, 8:37 avg pace; .4 mile walk

Wednesday: 6.7 miles, easy effort; .25 mile walk

Thursday: 5 miles easy, .3 mile walk

Friday: Rest Day, if you count a morning full of meetings, afternoon packing and working from long distance and 7 hours on a plane as rest...

Saturday: 10.7 miles run on travel weary legs, still managed 8:23 avg pace; .3 mile walk cool down

Sunday: 20.1 miles run, 8:49 avg pace and 5° temps, .26 mile walk cool down, stretching

Totals: 54 miles run and 3.6 miles walking

Haven't done this in a while. Lemme see...

Monday: Off

Tues: Morning: Weights...............Squats, bench press, deadlifts

Evening: Hill repeats.........6.9 miles, 20 half repeats

Wed:  Elliptical...............................35 minutes, stretching

Thurs: Morning weights...............Standing presses, barbell rows, pull-ups, weighted dips, stretching

Evening: easy 5 miles.....Dreadful 5.2 miles, 10:02 pace

Fri: Easy 3-4 miles

Saturday: Off, wife is working, I'll spend all day with my 3 girls.

Sun: Race: Stu's 30K (I'll treat it as a training run - Boston prep)

Ack!  I remembered mid-10-miler this a.m. that I never started the thread.   Thanks, Joe!  (And don't listen to Ev.  He's always stirrin' up trouble. )

Mon - 5 miles ----------------------------------------------- 5 miles

Tues - 3 or 30; strength/core --------------------------- 3 miles + 20 min strength/core

Wed - 10 miles w/strides -------------------------------- 10 miles w/strides

Thurs - 3 or 30; strength/core -------------------------- Slept, then slept some more . . . . then slept some more.  I was tired.

Fri - Rest ----------------------------------------------------- 30-40 min of upper body and back exercises

Sat - 24 miles ----------------------------------------------- 22.50 road/trail miles combined - Last 11 totally sucked.

Sun - 16 miles ---------------------------------------------- 15.40 road miles (I initially posted 26 )

Totals: 55.90 running miles, 30-40 min strength/back (shoulda gone that extra .10)

Saturday - The first of 4 tough weekend workouts.  37 days 'til AR50.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Monday:  Yoga.  Done

Tuesday:  4.5 miles.  35minutes elliptical

Wednesday:  3 miles or x-train.  35 minute elliptical

Thursday:  4.5 miles and strength.   Decided today was a rest day.  Now I have get up tomorrow

Friday:  rest.  2.7 miles on the TM.  not quite the 4.5, but i did do a random elevation.

Saturday:  x-training  1 hour pump class

Sunday:  8 miles  3.3 running, 2 with Max.  not quite there.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Ack!  I remembered mid-10-miler this a.m. that I never started the thread.   Thanks, Joe!  (And don't listen to Ev.  He's always stirrin' up trouble. )

Not a problem.  I have 3000 miles of buffer between me and the Redwood Curtain.  Me worried? 

I just figured you were just busy or having a "senior moment".  

Joe Suder

Dutchie42

Late again! Me that is Thanks Joe for stepping in for Leslie. And hi again George.

Mon:

50 min of UB + 50min of a cardio workout involving lots of jumping (Cardio Core Circuit), Ithis does include abs.

Tue:

Needed to sleep in... nothing to report.

Wed:

2 kilometer warm up @ 9K/h, including a potty break
                  1 kilometer @ 3%
                  10 minutes @ 0%
                  1 kilometer @ 3%
                  10minutes @ 0%, increasing speed to 9.5 kilometers at the 45 minute mark
                  1 kilometer @ 3%
                  11 minutes @ 0%, increasing speed to 10 kilometers at the 60 minute mark
                  10 kilometers in all

Thu: Should've done 12K on the TM today but I was on the internet too long.

4 min @9K/h
                  1 min @ 9.5K/h
                  repeat 2x (15 min)
                  30 second walkbreak
                  4 min @ 9.5K/h
                  1 min @ 9K/h
                  repeat 2x (15 min)
                  1 min walk break
                  3min@10K/h
                  2min @ 9.5K/h
                  1 min@9K/h
                  repeat 1x (13min)
                  4 min@10K/h
                  3 min@9.5K/h
                  2 min @9K/h
                  6 min@10K/h
                  3 min@ 9.5K/h
                  (18min) 

Adding all up to 9.5 kilometers, sigh. But I loved the run!

Fri:

50 minutes of UB (STS I/5 back/triceps) + 10 min of abs. I''d also planned an aerobics Hiit w/o, but maybe I'll get around to it tonight? I can always hope, right?

Sat:

4.2 kilometer doggie run. Shorter than planned because Spike was pretty annoying today plus we went out late and there were lots of dogs around, off leash, that drove Spike crazy and made Spooky jump up to me a couple of times (scared of other dogs, she is).Was wearing my new running shoes: Mizuno Wave Inspire 6. I've been wearing the 5's, but had no luck finding them again. I'll take them out on a 10K tomorrow. See how they feel on a longer run.

Added on a 50min boxing workout (incl. abs) after lunch. First time I did this one. Nice.

Sun:

7K doggie run, Spike was at his best behaviour  Very sore UB though. Guess I shouldn't have put that much power in my punches yesterday. Added on 15.88 kilometer very slow long run (7:31 min pace).

Total running mileage: 46.58 kilometers, my highest weekly mileage this year I think.

Total biking mileage: 0x

UB: 2x

LB: 0x

Abs:3x

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Not a problem.  I have 3000 miles of buffer between me and the Redwood Curtain.  Me worried? 

I just figured you were just having a "senior moment".  

There are things called "airplanes" that could get me to you real quick, buddy, so don't push it.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I just figured you were just busy or having a "senior moment".  

Ouch.....that's gonna leave a mark.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      pfriese

Thanks Leslie and Joe.

M: 8 miles running, 60 pushups

T: 8 miles running, 61 pushups

W: 0 miles running, 62 pushups

Th: 7.4 miles running, 63 pushups

F:  0 miles runnng, 64 pushups

S: 10K race (new PR 47:15, 3rd AG) + 2 mile warmup run, 65 pushups

Su: 20.2 miles running, 66 pushups

Totals: 51.8 miles running, 441 pushups

Paul

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

There are things called "airplanes" that could get me to you real quick, buddy, so don't push it.

Thinking of my happy place...my happy place...  Re: senior moment was just a little post b-day humor.

Joe Suder

Re: senior moment was just a little post b-day humor.

Mm hm . . . . it's not a lie if you believe it.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance