Masters Running

Wednesday 11/28/18 (Read 42 times)

Tet-  You lost me.  What about Johns Hopkins?  Not sure what this is.

...I think it was the Walter Reed Hosp false alarm..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Ran the 2+ miles to the car dealership to pick up the car that needed 11000. in repairs and they tried to tell me that it wasn't going  anyplace because it wont start now. Had to get a little nasty and told them that I drove it there and I am going to drive it home so what ever they had to do to get it started they better do it. Jumped it and it ran like a top all the way home! Needed another run to cool down, 4.5 total for the day.

Happy running all!

2.2 at the gym after work and also did some weights-  I'm glad the gym is between work and home....   We've actually gotten some new equipment at our work gym so I'll have to try that out again, too

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Got out for 5.4 miles this afternoon in 7°F temps and light sleety snow in the last half of the run. Could've done without that. Face got cold but otherwise was fine. Legs feel much better today.

spacityrunner

Some miles on the mountain tonight.  They were slow miles but the company was good.  Slight panic when I turned my headlamp on and it didn't come on.  Uh...well...now what?  Hit it a couple of times and tried a again.  It lit!!!  Whew...

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...I think it was the Walter Reed Hosp false alarm..

thnax. Those East Coast places get us west coasters me

all mixed up. You'd be shocked if you found out how many

football/BB, etc. universities I had no idea they were there

until I connected where people live and the teams they support.

Did you know that the Michigan fight song is "Champions of the West?"

This is your friend's strokes, correct?

yep, fortunately, not me, . . . yet.

Fortunately, the pool therapy is getting my friend stronger, . . .

and tiring me out as I tried to keep up, especially the pool jogging

down-and-back high stepping almost like a famous

drum major at the University of Michigan.

Avenger Doggie - Rudy has something to say to you - ARF, ARF, ARF, ARF-ARFF, ARRRF, ARF!   Repeated for 20-minute intervals about 4 times each night.....

However, all the "arfs" between you, . . . I mean Rudy

and Avengi had me worrying, . . . until it turned out to be

what Rudy was doing all night. I wonder if I could sleep through it.

i think so but I doubt it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, woke this morning.....and went back to sleep.  Ultimately didn't get in any sort of run.  Multiple reasons but mainly my body was telling me it's trying to come down with something.  Don't plan on letting that happen so going to try rest, fluids, etc. today.  It will begin warming back up tomorrow (this is our payback for the heat/humidity of June, July, August and at least half of September).

Steve, good call on the computer.  This job requires me to have a government issued phone (it happens to be an iPhone) that has an app that allows access to my gov't email account (unclassified of course).  To make matters worse my boss, the wing commander, has an iPad that allows him to also digitally sign documents.  And pretty soon we'll be at the next tier (group commanders, my level).  Not looking forward to that.

Tramps, there are several of those kinds of trainers and I agree, a bit of pain to swap bikes on.  Plus (if you can) a lot of folks will get an inexpensive tire to use on trainers rather than increase the wear on the more expensive road tires.

Tet, did once go on a long run in cold weather carrying my old Nike water bottle.  With wind chill in the mid-teens.  Initially the water in the nozzle area froze (could clear it) but ultimately, even with the sloshing, it finally froze up.

Have a greta night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

We got a little slick snow, today, and it took me twice as long to get home than it normally does.  Luckily, I'm still in the "easing back into running" phase so I didn't get too stressed out.  And, since I didn't feel like 4 miles was worth risking a fall, I ran it on the treadmill.  AND...that little 4 miler put me 1 mile over 2000 miles for the year.

Since I started recording my miles in 1993, I had run over 2000 miles in a year, one time before 2011.  Then, I joined this group in March of 2011 and this will be my 6th year of going over 2000 miles.  I've never dealt well with peer pressure.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

We got a little slick snow, today, and it took me twice as long to get home than it normally does.  Luckily, I'm still in the "easing back into running" phase so I didn't get too stressed out.  And, since I didn't feel like 4 miles was worth risking a fall, I ran it on the treadmill.  AND...that little 4 miler put me 1 mile over 2000 miles for the year.

Since I started recording my miles in 1993, I had run over 2000 miles in a year, one time before 2011.  Then, I joined this group in March of 2011 and this will be my 6th year of going over 2000 miles.  I've never dealt well with peer pressure.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

You are such an inspiration! Congrats on your 2000 mile year six years in a row.

Erika, glad to read that your legs are doing better today.

Tramps, I think I missed something. What is going on with TriBEE?

Tetsujin, are we talking about our beloved Frannk?

Falconfixer, nice to see you are listening to your body.

Spacity, nice mountain running today. Yeah, that headlamp not working would have scared me too.

As for me, today was a non-running day. I did have a 3 hour training for my work online, so I decided to hop on my stationary bike and biked to now-where for an hour during the most boring part of the training Smile. After work the Easy Pacer and I met up at the gym for an hour of gym date night.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tetsujin, are we talking about our beloved Frannk?

posie - yes. joining him in one of his three-times-a-week, hour long pool therapy sessions,

I got more tired than he did and the PT didn't even make me wear ankle weights.

He has a long ways to go but, no matter what, we're all looking forward to another

Bloomsday reunion so I'll try to do a better getting everyone together.

It's one of the few non-IM events he ever does.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)