Masters Running

Wet and Windy Monday workouts and other stuff (Read 394 times)

Slow day around here.  Well, day 2 of no running, no elliptical, no nothing in the way of exercise that requires feet.  I will say my ankle felt far better this morning than yesterday morning so the total rest thing certainly did not hurt.  Tomorrow we will see what it feels like.  By my rule if it is at all sore I will skip stressing it in any way for another day or two.  I figure that it is better to take two to four days off now than 6 weeks later.

Holly S. I am not sure the recipe will work without a rotisserie.  Part of what happens is that the heat releases the flavors from the stuffing.  If the chicken is on a rotisserie then the flavor works into the whole chicken.  My concern is that if the chicken is sitting in a roasting pan breast side up you will end up with a standard roast chicken.  There is nothing wrong with that but it will not be anything you have not already had.  Also, in an oven you cannot smoke the chicken.  That is not a horrible loss for the recipe but still a bit of a loss.  If you want to try this recipe you might consider buying a rotisserie you can use in your oven.

fatozzig um, err, thanks . . . I think.  I cannot imagine what your house looks like around Halloween!

rochrunner they do not have AGs for nothing!  Congratulations on your placement.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Bushrat Runner

On a short late summer family break in Anchor Point. Got out the door this morning at the crack of twenty after noon for seven miles. Felt great.

Marathon Maniac #957

...we need

to have you Hypnotized so CottageCheese tastes like Twinkies....

I make oatmeal in the morning (with Splenda and cinnamon) and eat it cold out of the fridge at work in the afternoon.  I tell myself it's rice pudding....Smile

Roch - nicely done!

(((Tim)))

No run for me on Monday, just 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

summer family break in Anchor Point.

not that I would ever question your sanity but, unless you're going there for the halibut, I'm wondering why, . . and how you tricked the rest of the rhoons into it too.  Don't they have home leave anymore?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Home leave has become progressively stingier through the years. We had home leave twice and after that the only way to get it again is to take a job down in America then apply and get another job back in the bush. So we don't anticipate ever getting it again. A couple years ago my family came to Anchor Point mid summer without me. My wife has been trying to get me to come every year since...so it was them that talked me into it. It is really quite lovely here.