Masters Running

Sliding into Saturday Cutting Calories and Trees. (Read 43 times)

I want to kiss that doggie!  SO cute!     Vandy won the first half- handily.   Fingers crossed.  We don’t seem to be able to have nice things.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Rudy is adorable, as is the name.  How's Dexter handling all this?

We had a nice Thanksgiving, but The Hub has come down with the crud.  It's a 2+ week ordeal. . . . He's a bit of a grumpy patient.

I worked all day yesterday.  It was nice - no one else was at the office.  I always seem to get more done when I'm by myself. Today has been laundry day, although I got a short 30 min core/ST workout in.

2Kitty - Yes, I've decided to go ahead with surgery and will be contacting my doc Monday.  I'm curious as to what he'll want to do about the continued inflammation around the periformis. I'm hoping the surgery can be done in December.  If so, I'm hoping to put it off as late as possible.  It would be a huge help work-wise, because I have a sinking suspicion I will be off work for at least a couple of weeks.   Anyway, you and your ordeal have been on my mind.  I just want to find out what the next steps are.  Logistics are going to be interesting, and I have a raft of questions to ask.

We got a ton of rain yesterday.  Looks like it went inland to help with the fires, but on the hand it's going to make the search for remains a lot harder.  Over 800 people are on site searching and 475 still remain unaccounted for with 84 confirmed deaths.  Please continue to keep all involved in your prayers.  It's going to be a very, very long haul for everyone.

I am thankful for you all ~~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings all!  Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.

I finally made it out for a run today for the first time in (I think) 2 weeks.  Sort of lost track, so will have to check the Garmin.  Just under 3 miles around FIL's neighborhood.  Didn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it might.  somewhere around 32, so very pleasant--I skipped yesterday's single digits.

Bioguy--you and I share a taste for nice gifts.  Although I haven't quite come up with a project that I could really justify a sliding miter sax.  Have to survive with a regular one .

Very cute puppy, Holly!  Can't wait to pick up ours on Monday.  Kirsten has been both cruel AND kind to share pictures of her (along with all of her other canine guests)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

spacityrunner

Hurry and get that puppy.

I did some trail running today   Then went for a short kayak. It got up to near 70f this afternoon. Tomorrow night is supposed to go down to 29f. Brrrr

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Not a big football fan anymore because of the head traumas. However, I couldn’t help but watch a few moments on the tube as Ohio (which my DGS attends) is trouncing Michigan in the “big game”.

Boston Symphony tonight for a short Beethoven fest with Marj and DGD2

Hey, that's the one college game of the year i was going to listen to while puttering around doing other things but none of the three local 24-hour sports radio stations broadcast it this year so i was reduced to becoming a couch potato and waste three-or-four hours if I wanted to hear it live.  Fortunately, after the first minute-and-a-half, I wisely decided it looked like a repeat of the last six years so I didn't waste anymore time watching the inevitable outcome. Maybe next year'll be better, . . . but I doubt it.

Hope Vandy did better.

How could they do worse?

Oh, speaking of worse reminds

me of the Seattle Marathon tomorrow.

At least, my plodding marathon performance'll

make even Michigan football vs. Ohio look good.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

3.2 pre-work miles in the Fenway area this morning --  somehow my brain hasn't caught up with the cutting calories mindset yet 

denise

What’s a DGS?

Vandy clobbered Tennessee (known as the Viles) which is fantastic and means they get to go to a bowl game and our wonderful (in my opinion) coach gets to see another season.  All sins are forgiven if we beat Tennessee.   And Ohio State- wow.  That was a beat down as well.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

--  somehow my brain hasn't caught up with the cutting calories mindset yet 

Same here.

Tetsujin, have fun in the Seattle marathon tomorrow. You are such an inspiration to us all.

Holly, that doggie is adorable!!!! Perfect name of it.

Stampy, be patient...Monday is just around the corner to welcome the new member of the family.

Tamster, happy belated birthday my sweet friend. Enjoy Hawaii with your DH and David.

As for me, Wednesday was driving for 8 hours to Portland, Thursday I did run for 8 miles since all I had to do was to bake the pumpkin and apple pies. I added a pecan pie as a surprise as in honor of my late  FIL who loved pecan pie and for whom I always made my special recipe while he was alive. Friday was hanging out with the Nash ladies to go shopping (while I don't enjoy mall shopping at all, I do go to this annual adventure for tradition sake). This year I was the self-designated person to push our mother in law around on her wheelchair as she shopped. We had a blast. We laughed so hard all day long that the adventure was very special to me. Today, the Easy Pacer and I drove for 8 hours back home. To celebrate being back home I went for a 3 miler in the dark (glad I have all my relay gear to keep me visible and safe).

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

What’s a DGS?

Dear Grandson