Masters Running

Monday, 12.5.16 (Read 24 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Good 4-miler, Holly, and a belated Happy Birthday to your DH. Sounds like it was a good celebration.

Good ketchup run on Saturday and post-party Bagel Run yesterday, Roch. I just joined a running club this year that appears to be doing well, and I know of 5 others in the area that are also doing well, including 2 that just started up in the past 2-3 years. I guess it helps to keep the infighting to a minimum.

Good job on the easy build up of your running, Mike. The weight will go down as the mileage goes up.

Good Cathedral Hills run, Tammy. Sounds like a good time at the Paint & Drink, and at the parade.

Good job on the elliptical, TwoCat. I hope staying off the roads for a while will help your toe heal.

Thanks Stumpy (and TwoCat) for the info about the amazing Christmas light repair tool. I may have to invest in one. Good job on the race on Saturday - We'll recognize and applaud your AG win, even if the race didn't. Congrats! And nice job on your lake run yesterday.

Congrats on keeping your holiday season run streak going, Deeze, and also on your 10-miler on Saturday. Sounds like you had a fun time with the fam. yesterday.

Say, Tet, where do I find that RAAR?

3.85 miles at the usual time this morning in 30F temps, and ahead of the light snow that is coming in this morning. Sadly, my hamstring told me I'm not ready yet, and I backed off from racewalking after a little more than 2 miles. The newspaper delivery guy saw me walking and pulled over to ask what was wrong and if I wanted a ride home. I declined, but it was nice of him to ask. So I guess I'm back to rest and light stretching mode for a while longer...

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - Those hamstring issues can really drag on.  Sorry to hear yours is still acting up.

No run for me today, just swimming - 40 lengths(20 laps).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Greetings from lurkdom.

Jay, hammies are tough to rehab. I keep working on them in PT.

I'm continuing to improve-but 2 steps forward and 1 step back-doing a lot of walking but tend to overdo it and pain and stiffness return. Now 7 weeks post-op.

As far as clubs go, I just renewed our annual membership in the Fresno Joggers- low price and we get their newsletter. Also get together with them whenever we get back to California.

We joined a couple of local clubs in the past but found them either too young or too fast. Also, (like Twocat) too insular.

Marj and I are on the board of the New England 65+ Runners Club. Our main purpose is to keep older runners active and encourage RD''s to recognize older ages by having 5 year age groups right into the 90's. We have over 750 members, only meet once a year but at races, via the internet, and members are from the 5 New England states and across the country. Several of our members have set American and world age group records.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Say, Tet, where do I find that RAAR?

Sorry Jay, so far, I think only henrun, rochie, TomS and I

qualify for the Running-Ahead-Aging-Runners Division.

Otherwise, I wish there was an over-65 branch out here.

ps - even though I don't have a reservation up to GS-land until next week,

I got a weather advisory from the airline to expect delays today with overnight sluch and snow

so I hope Erika and DH got back to freezer'land while it was still sunny and warm yesterday, . . .

and she had a sunny run beforehand to make up for her rainy run on Friday.

pps - we were wonderin' if amy's gunna have a chance

to visit her friend at next year's Yakima River Canyon Marathon.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Marj and I are on the board of the New England 65+ Runners Club. Our main purpose is to keep older runners active and encourage RD''s to recognize older ages by having 5 year age groups right into the 90's.

I would have been happy with 10 year groupings  Guess you need to check in with mine.  Glad the knee is progressing, even if slower than you like.  DW is going through the same--PT's tell her she's wherre she should be, but she still wants more

Now down in NC trying to get my computer to communicate with a device that I'm supposed to know how to program.  Appaerntly I don't.  So catching up here a little whilst wainting for tech support to get back to me.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Sorry to hear about the lingering hamstring problem, Jay. Those can be a real buggar to heal up.

Slow and steady there, Henrun and Mrs. Stumpy. When you really think about the procedure, it's incredible how much healing needs to happen.

I'm pretty much out of the loop, so not going to try to catch up here. We were very busy in Seattle but it was so much fun! After that miserable rainy, windy and cold 6.6 mile run on Friday, Saturday morning's run turned out to be quite nice. Ran almost 12 pretty sproinky miles before meeting friends for a full afternoon of winery tasting room visits and dinner at Wild Ginger. Sunday I got in 9.1 miles that were decidedly NOT sproinky, before meeting some good friends who grew up here but now live there for brunch. Then just did some shopping and stuff till catching the light rail back to the airport, nice easy flight and home around midnight. I'm at work today and totally exhausted. We'll see how long I last.

5:30am spin class, 5.5 mile interval run on the treadmill, glutes and planks for me today!!

Then a facial with my sister and a massage in the afternoon - not too bad a day, but I'm ready for bed now and still have to go out for a meeting at church tonight!!

denise

stumpy77 thank you for the link! Alternative title for this post, "Why it pays to read the day before today's daily!"

coastwalker how long have your hamstrings been bother you for now? Over six weeks with rest?

Weather, weather everywhere. All if it awful! I want summer back!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Weather, weather everywhere. All if it awful! I want summer back!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."