Masters Running

Finally Friday May 2 Boomer/Master Runs/Workouts (Read 537 times)

Thanks Spareribs and Tall..........I appreciate both of you weighing in on this. Your examples are just excellent SR. I knew there had to be some value to it, but we all go so much by distance. However, when you are trying for endurance, it really is the time on the road. Another little trick I have recently been trying is running a distance of 5 to 8 miles and then taking a break (in my case either a cup of coffee or a bottle of water). The break is usually 15 to 30 minutes and then I run the same distance back....another 5 to 8 miles. I am cautious to warm up on the return after cooling down, but is THAT ever a decent work out. Tall....you are right, hopefully our ideas bring forth the proper benefits. Joey
    Vista

GreenMan

45 min on the elliptical this afternoon and some planks. jjj
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      SteveP

Fire up the candles on WRFB's cake! RunninginDC!!!!! Good to read ya!!! It's amazing how members of this forum take set backs and turn them around. Sweet.
        By the way, my daughter has signed up for Bayshore. I plan to be there as a spectator. Perhaps our paths will cross. SteveP might even be around. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
        My plans for that weekend have changed. If RA Master runners want to get together the night before the Bayshore, I'll do my best to get there. I can not get away for race day though. Sad It's an breathtaking event. Smile The time vs distance...When I started running, (shortly after the invention of being Surprised by a girl's daddy), I'd go for time. 1/2 an hour out and shoot for 25 min back. The day started out rough, I put my MUG on backwards and could hardly see to drive. I've decided to quit kicking my butt for not running. If I can put a few miles in, sweet!! If not, I know I've been productive else where and these distrations will pass. My job has been keeping me fit. A good part of every day, I'm lifting doors and windows. I'm almost back to my pre getting sacked weight.

SteveP

annied

Runningindc: I found the hand out I had on the procedure. It is called "Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy". It reads: " ESWT is noninvasive , nonsurgical treatment for intense, persistent heel pain associated with chronic plantar fasciitis.. "Extracorporeal" means "outside the body". Shockwaves, also known as pressure or sound waves, are generated from a special ESWT device and focused into the targeted tissue. The shockwaves are delivered outside the body to trigger an individual's own repair mechanisms. The concept behind shockwave therapy in orthopedic disorders is that the shockwave stimulates and reactivates healing through microdisruptions of vascular or minimally vascular tissue to encourage revascularization and other elements necessary to advance normal tissue healing. Additionally, shockwaves help to over-stimulate pain transmission nerves, which can lead to a reduction in sensitivity and pain. " It is a 3 page description and if you want I could send it to you. But I'll bet if you go to a doc he should have heard of it. I had it done in 2004 and it cost me $600. It was worth getting rid of that pain. I also wear custom orthodics. Hope it helps.
          spacityrunner

Thanks annied, I will look into this

Trails Rock!