Masters Running

Happy Weds Runs - Workouts - and Friends (Read 588 times)

Or rub some dirt on it, right?
    If it still hurts on race day I will just bite a bullet like a true Texan would do. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Just flew to Dallas, worked, and checked into the hotel before my run....Now I'm trying to delay a bit because it is still upper 80s AND humid! I'll take running in sub-freezing Boston to 90 in May thank you very much. We'll see how this 'run' goes....
      -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
      also on Twitter
        twocat - I've been reading your reviews of the studies out there with great interest, and copied these for future reference. Thanks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Didn't make it to Valley Forge park after school today, but found another lovely community park less than 2 miles from my school that took me 9 years to discover. Beautiful 1.3 mile loop around the perimeter and lots of other twisty trails in the middle, with gently rolling hills, not those monsters I tried to tackle yesterday. Saw some former students at freshman baseball practice and they weren't even grossed out to see me in my running clothes! Tongue Back before I had a mortgage and all of the other bills that go along with home ownership, I used to get a massage on the days that I had evening concerts at school. My little outing this afternoon was much cheaper and just as pleasant. (OK, so taking a "bath" in the faculty room rest room isn't as nice as a shower at the spa, but I got the job done.) Ran 3, walked 2. Took it really easy. I'm finally admitting that I pushed harder than I realized to run that 10-mile race and that increasing my mileage the following week was a really stupid idea. Duh. Roll eyes So now I'm focusing on consistently running 4x/week for a few weeks, with less mileage on each outing and even slower paces. Not quite one step forward, two steps back, but it sorta feels that way. Only enough time to scan the dailies, so I'll just give everyone a general shout out. Next week I get my life back to an extent in that the evening concerts are over. Big grin Happy cruising toward the weekend, everyone! Big grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I keep forgetting to point out I have officially passed stumpy77's 95 day no running mark! A total of 98 days as of today's day end. Alas, likely another five weeks or more before the no running ends. Cry Sigh . . .

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Back from a relaxed three miles on the college running path. I'm glad it was a recovery day. Between the heat, humidity, and strong wind a focused run would have been tough.
              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
              also on Twitter
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Twocat--my condolences for winning this "competition". Wouldn't wish this victory on anyone. Sad You're an awful good sport about this, at least in print. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I just dropped my Garmin and killed it! CryCryCry Waaaaaaah! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Oh no, eliz! Broke... as in many pieces? I've dropped mine several times, but I think usually on grass or dirt. Sorry to hear about the mishap... Lots of good stuff from twocat today, but I think I'll need to print it out and read it later when I have more time. Crazy busy these days, and trying to cram in as much workout time as I can to make up for not running. 35 minutes elliptical at noon with a 5 minute walking c/d, then 30 minutes of pool running after work before dashing off to the feed store for dog food and cat litter. Yes, I dried off and got dressed first.