Masters Running

Trail race pictures - Golden Gate Canyon trail half marathon (Read 305 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

The photos from my trail race are posted.  In the first, they caught me walking and with my shirt tied around my waist!  (Sorry, Ribs!)

I dropped my shirt off at the first aid station, so the next two pictures don't carry such a heavy fine.  

The photographer also took some shots on a really gnarly section of trail, although he didn't get any of me. Here are a couple to show how bad the trail was in places:

And this one shows an easy stretch with the aspens starting to turn:

The day after the race (yesterday) this area got 4" of snow, and there's a winter storm warning posted for tomorrow with another 4-8" predicted.  We sure got lucky on the weather for the race, though!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Looks beautiful! I don't know... I don't see anything wrong with that trail...!
      TammyinGP

great pics! Looks like a challenging course and I feel so out of my league with you and msultraqueenofelevation here. . . . .

Tammy

Thanks for the pictures, wild.  It looks pretty, but tough.

TomS

Slo

Ok

Lets be honest here. My little MTB experience last weekend pales in comparison to running this trail race. Those look like so much fun and rewarding. Cudo's for doing it !

Top 'O the World!

Nice!  will have to put that one on my short list for next year
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #957

Very pretty!  I sure wouldn't want to run that trail under 4" of snow, though - you're right about the lucky weather break.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Looks like a lot of fun, wildchild, but you'd never catch me out on something like that. I don't think I could hike it without turning an ankle or worse!

By the way, I think there might be a fine on the forum for mentioning snow before at least, say, November? Brrr...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I don't know, Erika (shoulder nudge) - you think those trails look technical?  I'm not so sure.  Carolyn, I think you need to find actual boulders to run across.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

We have proof now....You're nuts.

SteveP

Renee the dog

WOW!  Beautiful, but really difficult!