Masters Running

Splishy, splashy Sunday, Oct 18 (Read 412 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Boy, embrace the suck is right!  WRFB and PDR, you guys are amazing maniacs.  Congrats on those PWs!   I'm really glad dg didn't have to contend with bad weather for her first marathon.  Dg, way to go, marathoner!  And congrats on the BQs for Holly and Byll, and a nice PR for Buckeye.  And a speedy 5K for CNY after a 14 miler, too! Lots of fine racing today. I wonder how Tramps and Deez did at Baystate?  Edited to add - Deez posted at the same time - congrats on a good half in sucky weather! I think snow is better than rain for running, but sleet, not so much.

It was 60° and windy here today, and I did an 11 mile mountain  trail run.  I think I picked some of the least runnable trails in the local state park!  Very steep, rocky, gnarly trails, with several big rock outcroppings to climb through.  Took me about 3 hours, and I"m beat.  The marathoners ran 20 miles in the time it took me to run 11.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg. congratulations on your first marathon finish!

Holly and breger1 great job on the BQ's!

Holly the only person who could have ever possibly thought your PR was a fluke was, well, you!  While not this time, here is wishing you many more to come!

pdr and WRFB if the weather at the marathon was anything like outside here in SW CT it was miserable!  I have no idea how you ran 10 yards let alone a marathon.  My DW, wisely, ditched the great outdoors for 5 miles on the TM.

Buckeye congratulations on the new PR.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Congratulations Deb!  Can't wait to hear all about it ..... tomorrow!  Smile

Sleep good with that metal around your neck.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Thanks for all the good wishes - it was a tough race, but hanging with the Beers made it down right enjoyable.

dg congrats on your 1st marathon!

Byrll - can't wit to see you running Boston!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

evanflein

i hear LaTortuga and PDR crossed the finish line holding hands. Now if that isn't the spirit of the marathon, I don't know what is. Congratulations on toughing it out in those dreadful conditions. And no, Lou, I wasn't lying. I probably would've bailed on that wind. Ah hates me some wind!

Congrats to Dg for finishing her marathon! That is just awesome and I can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm so tickled for Bliger I can hardly stand it. Can't wait to see you and DW at Boston next year!!

I ran 11.3 today, in admittedly beautiful IRC! Really, we got the sun back today, and it was 30 or 31 when I went out, no wind, perfect. Ran the hills faster than I've ever done before, and all with my Garmin securely snuggled under my sleeve because I was just going to run by feel and see how it went. The hill where I'm always happy to run sub-9 on I did in 8:31... wow. I feel ready to run another marathon... except... tonight my foot hurts. So, tomorrow, I pool run. And maybe the day after. And the day after that. We'll see.