Masters Running

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS (Read 357 times)

Mariposai

At our house, our biggest Christmas meal is on Christmas eve, Paraguayan style, with all the gnochi with pecorino cheese on top, antipasto, cheeses, cold cuts, tapanadas and different kinds of tapas you can imagen. Surprised So....... no stepping on that scale on Thursday, Ok?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

What a great list of tips! I just went into the lunchroom at work to post it, and on the table there were: a fruitcake, a pecan pie, and a tin of Belgian chocolate cookies. I had some cookies and pie, and skipped the fruitcake, per #9 on the list. Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - we can make an exception, just for you.... Wink You do your weigh in on Wednesday, okay? I just went to the management office of the building, only to find a tin of peanut butter fudge, left unprotected on the desk...... Roll eyes....I LOVE peanut butter fudge.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

At our house, our biggest Christmas meal is on Christmas eve, Paraguayan style, with all the gnochi with pecorino cheese on top, antipasto, cheeses, cold cuts, tapanadas and different kinds of tapas you can imagen. Surprised So....... no stepping on that scale on Thursday, Ok?
          YUMMY!!! Can I stop over??!! Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

I'm cool with a Thurs weigh-in. We are doing Christmas brunch this year, so the bulk of our eating will be later that a.m. Usually our Christmas Eve tradition has been to pick a certain ethnicity of food (although paraguayan, oddly enough, has never made the list . . . maybe next year!) and prepare foods with that ethnic theme in mind. But this year, we are just doing a few smaller appetizers after Christmas Eve service - just something lighter since we are having a bigger brunch the next a.m. so Thurs weigh-in works well into my holidays eating plans. Big grin

Tammy

I'll begin eating about noonish tomorrow. Won't quit till sometime late Sunday nite. Big grin
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                I LOVE these tips!! and Mari your CHristmas Eve sounds delicious!! I stepped on the scale yesterday and it was GOOD but i don't know how i'll make out by thursday -- last night was a food fest at work!!

denise

Mariposai

I have a free pass from Holly to step on the scale tomorrow morning...but...had not anticipated friends dropping by the house this early evening. The true Latina in me served cookies, humus, cheeses, and tons of muchies.......plus some wine.......so tomorrow morning is not looking any better... however......we are ALL so blessed to have the tons of food around our homes. I have been told that the food banks nationwide are down right now. Tongue so I consider myself blessed to have food and some extra to share too. Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Boy, I'm salivating at some of the plans you folks have for food consumption. It's just the Hub and me, so we don't really do anything special. Will head to the store tomorrow to buy munchies - cheeses, crackers, salami, veggies and dip, but that's about it. I will probably be more inclined to make a nice dinner on Saturday when neither of us has to work the next day, so we'll be free to celebrate a little bit more (the Hub works the day after Christmas thru Saturday). Hmmmmm - I have all day off tomorrow, too. Maybe I'll make something nice for Christmas Eve dinner that will give us enough leftovers to munch on Thursday. We'll see.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance