Masters Running

Sundaily (Read 42 times)

evanflein

That dang foot! Hope you get some answers for it. You've struggled with that in the past, right?

Happy birthday wishes to Mariposai and Wildchild, wherever you guys are!

11.6 extremely hilly miles today. Legs are done. Not sure how I'm going to tack on another 5.2 next weekend, but I guess that's the plan. I've been home for about an hour and my cast is still damp. Or maybe it's the cotton and wrap under the cast, but it's a soggy stinky mess. 

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post after a busy day.  Slept in a bit but didn't pay too high a cost as it was overcast (clearing as I ran).  An easy 6+.  Then mowed the lawn.  Last time for about a month.  I'm shorthanded in maintenance officers and have to take one of the TDYs (Temporary DutY) we were signed up for this summer (Normandy, Germany, Romania, Pacific and Alaska--Elmendorf, not Eielson Erika).  After that put the window treatments back up (from yesterday's painting) and even did a partial rebuild on a small motor "stick" that powers a trimmer, hedge clippers, etc.  Didn't quite get it running but it's closer than it was last week.  After that drove back to Montgomery, made dinner, ironed, wrote a profile, did laundry so a pretty good weekend all around.

Have a greta night everyone!

Joe618

Great stuff, all.  Those biting flies are awful indeed.

Oh my, state sensitive stuff, Karen.  How do we ever survive?

Interesting ball game this afternoon here in San  Diego.   All the action happened in the 8th inning.  The Braves had timely hitting, the Padres did not.  Game, set, match (to borrow a different sports phrase).

To bed soon, up at 3:30 to catch a 4am Uber ride to the airport.

Rock the week!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

still no running, but a lot of upper body work.

We had a set of flats that we flew snap a cable 40' above the stage and had to be lowered on one cable to the stage, that wasn't too bad. But once we got it off the rail, there was 400lbs of weight on the counter balance and that had to be moved to where we could unload it! Emergency prussic knots, hands raw from rope, 3 people all huddled together so we could each get two hands on the rope. Feels like I did 200 pull-ups. Actually, the cable didn't snap, the 2x4 it was attached to broke in half! Gonna use 3-4 cables on the replacement.

I look forward to running again some day.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Marathon Maniac #957

That dang foot! Hope you get some answers for it. You've struggled with that in the past, right?

Well, no, it's the OTHER foot that I have been having problems with, and that foot seems pretty well healed.  This is new, darn it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."