Masters Running

stationary bike while waiting for foot injury to heal? (Read 199 times)

lswife

Doctor's orders - I'm to stay off (he meant, no more running) my left foot for at least one, if not two, weeks. (I've bruised it and am on meds, and the doctor also took x-rays to rule out a bone spur. )There's a 5K race coming up the first Saturday in May that I'd REALLY like to run in, and I'm concerned about enough time to recuperate and train. While I'm not running, could a stationary bike keep me in better shape that couch-sitting? Some background - I'm 60, "chubby" but losing, began running a year ago and completed C25K last June. I'm slug-slow too. Thanks for any suggestions. Roberta
    Cashmason

Stationary bike would be better than sitting on the couch. If your foot could handle an eliptical machine, that may help as well. So would aqua jogging if that is available to you. That would probably be the best choice if its available to you. Anything you can do and sweat would beat sitting on the couch. Best wishes to you.
      btb1490

Cashmason is right on with what he said. Check with your doctor to see if you can do any of those. Also, if walking is possible, try that.
        SteveP

BTB is dead on with checking with your Dr.. Many of us have played Dr., however, few in this forum are.

SteveP