Masters Running

Newport Marathon YEAH!!! (Read 219 times)

Maniac 505

I just got conformation of my 2010 vacations.  I officially have a vacation for the week of the Newport marathon.  I just registered.  I will add it to Ilene's intreped race thread.  I will probably spend an extra day or two in Newport to enjoy the seafood.  I will probably stay at the Econo Lodge.  I hope she appriciates the business Smile

Dave

Mariposai

Great news Dave.

Mr. Posie is already planning to have a Masters support table for the runners on mile 21. I am sure the Woods Lady will help to cheer us on.

We hope more kids from around here could join us.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hi divechief!  (waving madly)  I'll be there. 

I don't recommend staying at the Econolodge, however.  Hippo stayed there a few years back and described it on his RR as positively scurvy. 

Maniac 505

Hi Renee  .  Looking forward to seeing youl, and what ever family is there  in Newport.  (waving back).  I will consider your caution on your hotel (but I could always bring my own sleeping bag if I decide to go budget?  I will look around

and FWIW,  we passed Pete in an out and back at Seattle and Dove said he is no longer known  as "HIPPO"   

Dave

TammyinGP

Dave Dave Dave . . .. you should stay at the Little Creek Cove condos that several of us will be staying at.  I have stayed there before and they are VERY nice and very economical. Or at least stay there with us the couple of nights that you can share on room costs with others and then go budget when you are there longer if you'd like.  I was actually going to be starting a thread soon for those planning on coming to Newport to see how many people want to do the condo thing and share because I'll need to book those soon, so need to know if one or two of the larger condos will be needed.

check them out: www.littlecreekcove.com 

I am pretty sure that's it . . or could be littlecreekcoveinn.com 

The marathon is during their off peak season, so rates are lower. Studio's around $90/night but the big plus is you have a full kitchen, so you can buy food and do full prep right at your condo which saves on eating out. My plan for the two nights Laura and I are there is to rent a larger one (or two, depending on how many people want to stay there) and we can all share on living in a condo together. Some of the larger ones accomodate 5-7. Or some of the couples coming might want to get a smaller studio for themselves.

I'm so glad that your vacation time off worked to come to Newport! It's going to be so much fun!

Tammy

Mariposai

Tammy, count Mr. Posie and I as part of your dwellers for the night before and the night after.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Tammy:

count me in for as long as you want to book the room,  let me know how much and where to send the money.

It sounds wonderful.  I will decide what I will do on either side of the condo booking later.   really looking forward to it.

Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave,

yippee.  Have you ever been to Elliott`s Oyster House?

I have a feeling this is one marathon even I might like  to train for.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Whoopeeee!   I'll be a groupie, and do what i can to help.
                      Great news!   I'll be there to cheer everyone on.  I'll get to meet all you fantastic runners at last. 

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Looks like Sue and I will be there as well instead of Eugene this year.  Sounds like a fun gathering starting.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")