Masters Running

Tues 12/09 Runs - Non Runs - And Stuff (Read 466 times)

anachrotech

Another 2 miles after work. Hoping these miles get easier. I have to keep in my head that I'm pretty much starting over and try not to get to disappointed when I feel I have to take a walk break.
      3 easy ones for me the late afternoon. Cold, windy and snowy. Had 6 planned, but trecher trechor bad footing had me cut the run short. Tim Smile Anybody watch the sitcom "Reba"? At the end of the show a thingy comes on and says "Acme!" I try to imitate it whenever possible. Yeah, I know....one of my many talents.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Anybody watch the sitcom "Reba"? At the end of the show a thingy comes on and says "Acme!" I try to imitate it whenever possible. Yeah, I know....one of my many talents.
        Along with a dead-on Elvis impersonation. . . . a live Elvis, that is. Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Rest days yesterday and today. Parts seem to be doing ok, have a little pf in my right foot, hip is a little tweeky but have to keep that IBT stretched. I am in awe of the mileage folks around here do. As far as broken bones from rodeo days, none 'cept for some broken ribs when I had a horse kick me with both hind feet, must have pretty decent bones cause I have walked away from all sorts of horse wrecks and a 50 mph ATV crash. Carolyn do they still call I-25 "the Valley" as in the valley highway? Ev now I know where our snow went, you keep it down there. Wink

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hi everyone! 7.43 wet miles for me this morning. non stop rain, I guess typical PNW winter weather....may be a little snow and colder temps heading here for the weekend... that will make the Jingle Bells 5k on Sun even more interesting!! In a little more than 48h we're are going to have our get together up here...Nancy, Jon, Dave and Karen, do bring a good appetite on Thrusday ..I'm planning on making a lot of lasagna.....my kids will even try to clean the house for the occasion..! A nice evening to all, Francesca
            Henrun

After a deep freeze yesterday Marj and I both ran 6 milers today. I ran in the morning and Marj ran home from work this afternoon in 'balmy' New England. However, the big news I got this evening had to do with my 15 year old grandson. He and his brother (12) live in Ohio and have spent a week with us for the last 2 summers. This past summer both of them ran with us a couple of times. We noticed that the older one (Josh) was a good sprinter. He's in high school now and Marj encouraged him to go out for track and told him we would pay for his shoes if he does. My daughter told me tonight (and also Josh did) that he's gone out for track and has started a conditioning program at school. He sounds quite committed and enthusiastic. The 12 year old (Austin) is also interested but there's no organized program in middle school. My daughter doesn't run (she likes to walk), so I guess running interest has skipped a generation. We would love to run a 5K or 10K with them either here or near their home.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Anyone who thinks running is boring should try pool running or swimming laps. Dead Meg
                Wow, that is the post of the day - week - month - year - decade - century...you get "our" point...others do too I know... TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim - Glad they didn't have that stuff in the pool that makes pee turn purple! Big grin
                  Not to sound stupid...but do they make such a thing? I always thought while swimmimg, it would be a great idea for someone who is peeing in the pool to have some funky bright color illuminating from their their shorts or swim trunks...now that would be classic, lol. Never peed in the pool Tim... well there was that one time, lol...kidding

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh yeah, foot doctor visit.(kinda avoiding it right now) Lets just say for now...I will NOT be running in Dec - Jan - Feb - March - April - May and June...and he said a Fall Marathon would be iffy. Doc said he will see me March 1st for a follow up. Details in the AM as I am not in the mood right now....does almost complete rupture of the achilles from the heel sound so good?..He said that is what stopped me on my Marathon attempt, or it could have snapped from my heel. I got my records transferred to my family Doc, who is going to send me to someone else....he's my best friend Doc who is a runner too. I am sooo confused and don't know what to think actually. Tet, I think...never mind. If I am missing a few days at RA, don't worry, ok...this is really hard. But I did get one hour of lap swimming in, and 45 minutes of weight training in tonight....which I learned is bad today...WHY T

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tim, don't wait until the June RnR to come out here, . . . or I'll send my foot doctor friend out there. In the meantime, and I'm not kidding about this, start walking around, up stairs, etc. barefoot to strengthen your foot. I wish I could give you mine. Even if you have to run on one foot, there's no way divechief and I are going to let you beat his seven month elliptical record. No matter what, you're our guest of honor at the RnR.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

tim, don't wait until the June RnR to come out here, . . . or I'll send my foot doctor friend out there. In the meantime, and I'm not kidding about this, start walking around, up stairs, etc. barefoot to strengthen your foot. I wish I could give you mine. Even if you have to run on one foot, there's no way divechief and I are going to let you beat his seven month elliptical record. No matter what, you're our guest of honor at the RnR.
                        Tet, thanks for all you have done for me, really. I don't want to be the Taper Master...but am... Yeah, ya hear barefoot...and don't walk around without your shoes on...it's sooo confusing Tet. But, I really really want to be at Seattle with all of ya, really. Super big tears in my eyes TimBo...

Prince of Fatness

does almost complete rupture of the achilles of the heel sound so good?
                          Damn. Real sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

Not at it at all. 

Maniac 505

oh Tim, so sorry to hear that, I have an idea how hard this is, but with my broken pelvis, I knew it would eventually heal up stronger than before. I know this can be fixed, and I know you will run again, but listen to your doctor, I am no expert, but "almost complete rupture" sounds bad, but it has to be infinitely better then a complete rupture. have fun in the pool, and on the bike. Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

and when you see the doc, don't just let him tell you what's wrong and how bad it is, etc. ask him why something like that could happen just doing what you've been doing in all your training. Maybe there's some other foot muscles that weren't strong enough to help out the strain on the Achilles after 16 miles, or maybe Achilles had to compensate too much for something missing somewhere else. Either way, it would seem that walking barefoot within anypain threshhold would strengthen the foot without further damaging the Achilles. It's not the same but there's a half dozen or more runners on our runningbarefoot.org group who became runners again after trying the running barefoot as a last resort even though they were told not to walk/run barefoot. Maybe we'll get the crew at fancesca's to focus our energies on your foot at some appointed time Thursday evening.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

and when you see the doc, don't just let him tell you what's wrong and how bad it is, etc. ask him why something like that could happen just doing what you've been doing in all your training. Maybe there's some other foot muscles that weren't strong enough to help out the strain on the Achilles after 16 miles, or maybe Achilles had to compensate too much for something missing somewhere else. Either way, it would seem that walking barefoot within anypain threshhold would strengthen the foot without further damaging the Achilles. It's not the same but there's a half dozen or more runners on our runningbarefoot.org group who became runners again after trying the running barefoot as a last resort even though they were told not to walk/run barefoot. Maybe we'll get the crew at fancesca's to focus our energies on your foot at some appointed time Thursday evening.
                                Thanks Buddie, but there is more to the story that I will share at some point. Lets just say...I did this to myself, and knew it trying to make it through a Marathon. T