Masters Running

Red Sox run--May 23rd (Read 176 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

This just popped up in my e-mails and thought I'd pass it along. (Aamos--are you listening?)  Hope the links work.

It will also teach me to read the website prior to posting--turns out you need to guarantee a minimum of $1000 of fundraising.   Reader beware.

http://view.ed4.net/v/D23ZNS/BMAQM8/U1HBALS/XH3949/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-3280239-129629946

Run Across Home Plate at Fenway Park --
    and Support Services for Wounded Veterans!

Ever imagine the thrill of running across home plate at historic Fenway Park with family and friends cheering in the stands? Want to help local injured veterans?

You can do both in the new Run to Home Base on Sunday, May 23. It's a 9k (5.6 miles) fundraising race to benefit the new Red Sox Foundation and MGH Home Base Program, serving injured veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with traumatic brain injury and/or combat-related stress disorders. Only a limited number of runners can participate and advance registration is required.

Can't run? Become a virtual runner and support the cause or a runner. Please visit www.runtohomebase.org for details and register now! They served us. Now it's our turn to serve them.

Register now »    

Thank you for your kind consideration,
    Your teammates at the Red Sox Foundation

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.