Masters Running

Another new "groupie". (Read 319 times)

lswife

I have felt a bit reluctant to post here up till now as there seems to be a very experienced group of hardcore runners of prodigious ability and I felt i might not fit in, but it didn't seem nice to lurk without people knowing I was there, so here I am....
    Welcome, Simon! I was in CR back early in 07, finished the program, have had to redo it a couple of times (injuries, holidays, excuses, etc.), and will begin it again Monday. Yeah, a lot here are hardcore runners, doing multiple miles a day, etc. and I feel on the fringe - when others say they ran 7 or 10 miles that day, I'm lucky to get that much in in a week. But as jlynne said, everyone is encouraging here.
      Welcome, and don't be intimidated by the daily, or by those hard core talented athletes. They have the most wisdom to relay and are truly inspirational. I grew up in T.O. so I will be curious to hear about your races there.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Welcome! Simon and so glad you are here! Post lots. Karin/CNYrunner
          Welcome, Simon. You'll fit in here just fine.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hill Runner

Welcome Simon! Another 57 YO here also... Big grin I like your TR4! I had a TR3 & a TR6 (british racing green) back in the early seventies.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

#artbydmcbride

Welcome Simon, I'm hardcore but very slow. We haven't filled our Canadian quota by a long way yet. Big grin

Runners run

SteveP

Oh good!! Fresh meat.......I mean good to meet you.

SteveP