Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 10.27.13 (Read 45 times)

I mean seriously, 99% identical on all aspects of personality, beliefs, etc.

Wow - that's probably better than 99% of all married couples! Maybe he'll rethink his decision to not continue your relationship Enke. Would you give him another chance?

MS - Big grin

LaTortuga - I was never good to begin with, but your "new math"  really had me scratching my head!

Congrats on the AG win Carolyn. Maybe you should give your beer glass to Tselbs' mother for her next beer pong game.

Marathon Maniac #957

i ran 5 miles while doing a laundry load that contained a troy aikman commemorative jersey and what the dryer would seem to indicate is $342 in nickels while positively beaming on a beach run in a postcard day of 84 degrees and sunshine, so under the TROR (Tortuga Rules of Running), I ran 137 miles. Yiannis Kouros' record doesn't stand a chance.

Is it just me, or are you starting to sound like Tet?  Big grin  (JK, Tet, you know I adore you...Smile...)

Jay - well done!

La T - I agree!

Mustang Sally - run or no, I just love to see you here...Smile

Enke - keep opening doors, there will be a worthwhile one eventually, and meanwhile, you meet a lot of interesting people....

I've been in a cooking frenzy all evening, trying to cook ahead the next few days' meals, plus pattying up and individually wrapping several lbs of turkey burgers for the freezer.  Nothing like what must be brewing at Mariposai's house though - that lady can cook!

10.6 miles for me this morning.  Time for taper.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Hello! Thanks Tet for the messages, albeit cryptic. I will try to remember to ask  Kathrine. And the skis are in the living room , DS  partially sponsored on gear...switching from Voikl to Atomic...pretty radical; we are a Voikl family...

Jay, thanks for the good wishes and I am glad the 5k went well.  My DD, last year at  this time a newly minted EMT, volunteered in the medical tent and said it was kind of boring. To that I said," that is how we like it."  She is back in school  this year but signed up for an avalanche rescue course in January.  Her school has a "half course" option for January.

10 miles again for me today, pretty much the same run as yesterday but with shorts on. Good to be on the trails when I have time. Also a swim this afternoon, about 3/4 mile.

Patriots game interesting.  I am not much of a baseball person but I guess i should watch some...Red sox and all.

Happy running.

((TomWhite and Pickles))  Hope you had a better day today!!

LaT - you have me scratching my head as well .... I'll have to think about that one!!

MustangSally - cool remembrance of last year!!  I dressed a little like your "bad Fairie" today at my group's hosted run!!

Enke - I hope door #3 wakes up!!

Carolyn - sweet work!!

Lamerunner -- I will be at the Manchester Marathon next week running in the relay - my team is MVS Scrambled Leggs!!  We have 3 runners from our group completing the IronRunner Series and have at least 1 more relay team entered!!

Lots of 10s here today -- I'll add to that with my 10.25 miles with some friends in my running group today.   A handful of us dressed up and I called myself the mismatched fairy!!  Blue tutu, purple butterfly wings, purple tiara, pink wand and my leading lady blond wig--- so fun!!

Mom's party today went great!! She was so surprised to see her brothers and their wives show up as well as another couple who we've known since I was about 5 yrs old!!  We had a great day and I loved seeing my mom so happy and relaxed!!

Justin is doing better ... thank you all for asking and caring!!  It's a tough road but made easier with friends and family like all of you!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Late post for me, coming to you from Huntersville, NC.

Just under 12 miles this morning on yet another gorgeous autumn day.  Not terribly fast, but I went steady, so am pretty happy.  I even have a shot at getting back to 100 miles for the month if work doesn't intrude TOO much.

Good thoughts to TW and Pickles.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

Very cool TomS!!!!

(((((Pickles & Family)))))

Okay, back to football.  The Lions have this cheater named "Dominant Sue" so the Cowboys will have their hands full today.  Spareribs

That Ol' Boy needs to serve time, not lavished with $$$$$

Sorry about DIL's crash. Sad

Noah's parents wisely had the little guy bail on Saturday's Zombie Run. Rain and wind and cold. It was a fun group run, however, it was a lousy race. The neighborhood doesn't care for the event and though there are not any "no parking" parking signs, racers we told that our vehicles will be towed if we legally park on the streets. The race host had a mini van to shuttle 1000 runners from a stadium to the start line. For us, it was not a big deal. The dogs and I got there early enough to walk and hopefully get bathroom breaks out of the way. The start was nearly 15 min late and a local resident came to complain about the noise. We went through the start mats at least 3 min after the race began. It was a blast seeing all the kids and kids at heart and all the wild costumes they came up with. Though traffic had been rerouted, a barrier had been moved and volunteers had begun to stop runners at an intersection for traffic. Even though a pick up truck with a trailer had stalled, we were still halted. It's an OK even for a good time. Don't expect a PR.

Soggy Doggy pre race.

There was a pause in the rain, so the dog's got bloodied up a bit.

Did a bit of yard work cross training while the neighbor is in the hospital. If he walks again, it will be a long rehab.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - I expect those who showed up for a race (and paid for one) were pretty annoyed.  Nice that you and the dogs still had a good time.  Is that real blood?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."