Masters Running

Saturday Go Mariposai Runs and Workouts (Read 361 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

. subarashii chocho-san. Now just don't get any funny ideas like Holly about ultras or anything like that. Maybe coach'll okay climb a mountain though. ps - hey barbley, are ya feeling well enough to walk some of 'em with mom? Not that I'd know anything about it or anything like that but maybe she'd like it, . . . you too. Smile pps - the correct pronunciation is byuuchifull ETA - wow, I must be so excited over mari that I forgot to post my run today.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I believe I can see the Doublemint twins above me. (hee hee hee) How 'bout that Tribe? I enjoyed "watching" the game with Ribs. Pronounced "Ribz" MTA: Econo Woods, that'd be cool if we could find the common ancestor! Hey, Ribs, maybe Ma Econo is related to that White Sox pitcher, too, Cousin Mark!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

wildchild

Carolyn

Yay, Mari! I'm looking forward to your RR! I'm really happy for all of you who have lovely spring weather. Sitting out on the porch or deck sounds so nice... Look who's out on my porch today: Running is still not a possibility, as we're still waiting for my neighbor to plow us out. Three feet of heavy, wet snow is really hard to plow, so it's taking him a while to get here, but he says he has most of our road clear, and the county has plowed the main roads, so maybe tomorrow I'll be able to venture out for a run in yaks.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Yea, but I hear it is going to hit 70, yes 70, in CO soon so your sympathy will be alas short lived! Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Wow, you guys are making me Cry with all this demonstration of love and support. With all these good vibes, people running a few miles here and there in the distance with me, a super knowledgeable coach, a support crew that would make an elite runner jealous, my DH, made it possible for my wings to fly and float over those 26.2 miles. I would be lying to say that it was easy, marathon running never is, but I am so pleased with the end result. Unofficial time: 4:04:34. (just 4 minutes short of a BQ...which is starting to look like a reality for my wings). I gave it all on the race course, emptied the tank and proud of it.Big grin Thanks Ribs for crafting a speed runner out of a slow poke in less than 6 months. And thanks to YOU my fellow runners for being an inspiration to me. Now time to take an ice bath, eat dinner that my DS2 is cooking for me and then craft a race report. And...that picture was taken with my cell phone, sorry about the poor quality.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Yay Nancy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Beautiful photo of a beautiful and strong and fast runner!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Carolyn, Is that Bart Simpson?

Maniac 505

can't wait to read Mari's RR I'm so glad to hear she had a greta race. also eagerly waiting for the Boston stories, alas, we have to wait till Monday. 15 hilly miles today, now I taper for the Tacoma Marathon in a couple weeks. Dave
                  wildchild

Carolyn

Yea, but I hear it is going to hit 70, yes 70, in CO soon so your sympathy will be alas short lived! Smile
                    It's supposed to hit 70° in the flatlands, but here in the high country only 50° by midweek. It'll take a long time for 3 ft of snow to melt, and it will be mud season for weeks. Just the way I like it...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Your run sounds sweet Illene... I can't wait for the fluttery details. Tag ran his first full race (5K) today. I'm not sure who was on the business end of the leash Confused, but, man was it a good time Cool. I'm proud of my fuzzy little dude. Cry Smile

SteveP

Mariposai

I can't wait for the fluttery details.
                        well, get a glass of red wine and sit down with me as I am writing the detailsCool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard