Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 02/17 (Read 19 times)

Here it is...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Sun-8

Mon-5

Tue-4

Wed-5

Thu-3.5

Fri-3.5

Sat-6

Total=35 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon.

Mon: LB workout - DONE! Did a 45 minute LB workout that alternates plyo with traditional exercises.

Tue: 5K R/W + UB workout - DONE! Well, at least the run. I was up late didn't hop on the TM till 7h28, which was really really late and did the 5K. I'll do the UB as an add on to the LB workout tomorrow. Makes more sense too, as it's my day off and I have more time.

Wed: LB workout - DONE! Did a nice workout that emphasised my quads. Not sure whether that was a good idea considering my stress test tomorrow. Worked on my school assignment (project plan) from 7AM till 4PM, with a break for grocery shopping. Completely forgot about yesterday's UB w/o.

Thu: UB workout + stress test + 5K R/W - Worked my bis and tris and added on shoulders this morning. Then did the stress test. All is well. VO2 max is 41.9 (not bad eh?) and HRmax is 197 (I've always assumed that it was 194) Big grin Then after work I still had to get a run in, but that never happened Blush

Fri: Boxing workout - finally worked my chest and back.

Sat: 5K R/W - DONE! Felt like normal running again, despite the 5 walkbreaks.

Sun: Cardio HiiT workout - DONE! Did a 1 mile run on the TM as a warm up to the HiiT and finished with a short boxing w/o.

And I'll bike as much as possible to work when the snow once again has disappeared. -> did not happen: snow never melted. Worse, we got more snow Angry

Totals:

2x runs + a mile: 12.3 kilometer total

2x UB: c/ba/s/bi/t

2x abs

2x LB

other: 1 boxing w/o and 1 HiiT

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

Thanks Gordon.

Travel this week, so just one day at a time.

M - 1 mile swim (am), 22.5 mile bike (pm)

T - 1.2 mile swim (am), 10 miles bike (pm)

W - travel

Th - travel

F - rest

Sa - 6.75 mile run

Su - rest

Total - 6.75 miles running, 32.5 miles biking, & 2.3 miles swimming

Paul

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! I sure hope you're feeling better!

Hi Dutchie! Hey, my son is over in Europe now, coming home late April. Right now he's in Munich having a great time, but he might make it up to Amsterdam at some point.

Here goes this week; I need a cutback week or a break or something. Just feeling a little burned out.

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: 2.3 miles elliptical, abs/core and .3 mile walk

Wednesday: 9.1 miles run (outside after work! Yay!), .3 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 6.3 miles run with hills, .4 mile walked

Friday: 6.1 miles on the TM, .7 mile walked

Saturday: 7.1 on the TM, .8 mile walked

Sunday: 8.3 miles with intervals on the TM, .8 mile walked

Totals: 37 miles run, 3.4 miles walked, 2.3 miles elliptical and one really short ab/core workout

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

mon weights heavy sl deadlifts

tue - 4 on trails

wed-  0

thur  4 on trails

fri  weights

sat  4 on trails

total only 12 miles

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Dutchie42

Erika: I'm sure your son has a great time in Munich, it's carnival this week. In my tiny country, only the people living south of the big rivers celebrate. Which means that the kiddies have fun and the adults get drunk for three days. And everyone living north of the big rivers consider those dressed up drunk people completely nuts and so not mature Joking Of course, I'm from the south living north of the rivers. I have to defend my people Clown

Dutchie

evanflein

Dutchie, what kind of stress test was that where you find your max HR? I've always "run high" so the 220 minus age doesn't work for me (or I'd be dead...). Always kind of wondered just what my "max" would be.

Dutchie42

Erika: they take the test on the TM or bike (mine was on the bike) and you wear a mask so they can monitor your CO2. You're all wired up (HR). Then they make you bike with a slowly increasing "uphill" effort till you indicate you can't go any further. In my case, they apparently only had 10 minute protocols and after the 10 minutes were up, my quads were on fire, but I could've continued a few seconds more. So not quite a maximum test, but very close.

However, I do believe that if I had continued my bike commutes the past three months I would've done better in the test. I hadn't been on a bike since before xmas and only biked twice last week. It was my quads that were giving up, not my breathing/HR.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Erika: not sure how long your son will be traveling in Europe, but if your son wants to visit Amsterdam, 30 April would be a good day to be in Amsterdam. The whole country will be one big street party, but especially Amsterdam will be in festive mood because of the abdication of the Queen and the new King Clown

Dutchie

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Dutchie, what kind of stress test was that where you find your max HR? I've always "run high" so the 220 minus age doesn't work for me (or I'd be dead...). Always kind of wondered just what my "max" would be.

I had a formal max HR test this past summer at trail running camp in Estes Park, CO. Granted, we were at elevation, so in theory the test should take less time, right? Anyway, like Dutchie said, you run on the TM while the tester keeps increasing the speed and incline. I was only wearing my HRM, no other gizmos. I peaked at 177 or so, but in races and other hard efforts I've gone up to 185 or so. So the calculation doesn't t work for me either. My VO2 max was like 39 that day, supposedly decent for my age, but not exceptional. Eh, tell me something I don't know!

I would say, just wear your HRM the next time you do a 5k and that should give you a basic idea.

evanflein

Erika: not sure how long your son will be traveling in Europe, but if your son wants to visit Amsterdam, 30 April would be a good day to be in Amsterdam. The whole country will be one big street party, but especially Amsterdam will be in festive mood because of the abdication of the Queen and the new King Clown

Well THAT sounds like fun! Unfortunately (for him) he comes home on the 26th so will just miss that. I haven't heard from him since he e-mailed me some pictures from Munich (in the Hoffbrauhaus!) so I take that to mean he's having a good time!