Masters Running

Fri Aug 21 Runs and Workouts (Read 368 times)

evanflein

Aamos, that's so funny about Frank. You naughty humans, you. Cheyenne does something similar. When we take her out to tie her up to her doghouse when we leave (she's too incontinent to leave alone in the house), she tucks her tail between her legs, puts her head down, ears back, trembling slightly... Oh good grief. Like it's so awful to lie in her bed full of straw in her little house under the trees, watching the road for traffic. And if the cat is outside he comes and stays with her. Amazing how manipulative they can be!

eliz, how nice to get a diagnosis. From what you were saying, I figured it sounded like a sciatica-type thing. I wish I wasn't so familiar with that! She should get relief soon from the steroids and pain meds. Nice run today, btw.

Speaking of diagnoses, I have one now, too! Without being able to explain how it happened, my tooth died this week. The pulp is dead and I need a root canal. Hearing that would've freaked me out a few years ago, but I've been reading lots of stuff and talked to some people and now they say it's not much worse than getting a filling. Certainly not as bad as getting the crown was originally. Ok, I can deal with this. And it's actually feeling a little better now that it's not "alive." That sounds weird...

Ended up turning my day all upside down to grab that sudden opening at the endodontist, so I didn't run earlier. I'll go out for a nice easy 4 miler after work. I'm so glad it's Friday!

SteveP

We love post op visits Mary! Kewl!!

Tag and I went 2.3 leashed miles. At the tunr around point it started to rain. He tried galloping back. He cracked me up. When we got in sight of the house, I let him off the leash and he bolted back to the porch. I guess he's not a water dog.

SteveP

evanflein I never thought I would see such a positive ode to the joys of root canal!  lol  Well good luck with the upcoming dentistry.

WRFB and PDR great pic!  Best wishes to you, the parents and of course the world's newest member.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/