Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, w/e 09/27/09 (Read 451 times)

In honor of Erika's fabulous first time foray into the ultra world:

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon."  (Alan Cabelly)

Well done, girlfriend!!

Erika - 44.45 mile run, about a mile walked, 1 hr 40 min. pool running, some ab/core stuff and gardening. (Our New Ultra Goddess)

Eliza - too many trips to ERs and hospitals, the first week of my full teaching load at school, ran 16.2; walked 2.0, including my first HM - injury free and not last.  (Spectacular week, Eliza, in more ways than one.  Yea! On your first HM!  Now stay away from those hospitals. )

Nono - 5 mi biking, 15 min stretch/strength, 24.86 mi running (Nice racin' there, girlfriend)

Evryday - (Returned from the black hole)

Carol - Run 9.1 miles, Bike 36.7 miles, Swim 1800 yds, Walk 1.9 miles, Lift 30 minutes, Rest 1 day (Carol's in bold because, well, because she's special . . . and I can't get the bold to stop . . . so I'll just keep typing . . . )

dg - 33.8 miles running, 35 min. ellipticalling, 1 hr. 40 min. strength training. (For some reason, is "saving comments" for a later date.  Hmmmm. . . .)

pfriese - 46.7 miles running (May we call you Mr. Consistency?  Very nice, indeed.)

fatozzig - 12.75 road miles, 10 trail miles, lots of shin icing

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tapering . . . . .

Mon - Rest ----------------------------------------------------  Being Accomplished (now only if I didn't have to work . . .)

Tues - 4 miles (1 EZ, 2 RP, 1 EZ) ---------------------- 4 miles done

Wed - 3 miles (1 EZ, 1 RP, 1 EZ) ----------------------- 3 miles done

Thurs - Rest/Travel ----------------------------------------- Done

Fri - 3 miles EZ; Travel ------------------------------------ Too damm tired from about 9 hrs on the road.

Sat - Big Sur Trail Marathon; Travel ------------------- 26.2 freaking hot, hilly miles

Sun - 3 miles EZ; Travel ---------------------------------- 8+ hrs driving - no running

Totals: 33.2 miles, plus lots of driving

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! Someone told me last night... "You're either totally amazing, or totally insane!" I said it was probably a little more of the latter than the former...!  (and thanks, Deb, from last week)

Recovery/reverse taper for me!

Monday: 1.4 mile recovery run, .3 mile walk, 20 minutes of ab/core stuff

Tuesday: 40 minutes pool running, 4 laps (100 yds) swimming (yes, really!)

Wednesday: 4.6 miles easy hills, .4 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 5.5 miles progressive pace run, .6 mile walk

Friday: 5.25 miles, 8:10 avg pace (last 1.25 mile at 7:30 pace as the rain started)

Saturday: 6.1 miles, sloppy 8:28 avg pace; .3 mile walk c/d

Sunday: 9.2 miles, 8:23 avg pace

Totals: 32.1 miles run, 1.6 miles walked, 40 min. pool running, some ab/core stuff and token swimming

Monday - almost fell out of bed 'cause my right ankle was so stiff; felt better after random stretching throughout the day; got major-ly good-jobbed by my podiatrist; more stretching during the House season premiere

Tuesday - my name is Eliz and I'm season premiere junkie; stretching and strength during NCIS; then early to bed, 'cause I didn't sleep at all last night

Wednesday - ran 2.5, walked 2.0 in summer-like heat and humidity, but I was feeling the effects of my fall-through-spring gig and was way, way tired

Thursday - worn out from all of the excitement of the last 10 or so days, so rest

Friday - drive to shore for rehearsal; sing; eat dinner; collapse into bed; wake up in the middle of the night miserable with the flu

Saturday - contemplating another trip to the ER

Sunday - still on the sofa; fever topped out at 103.2; but, hey, my ankles feel terrific!!!

What a week - ran 2.5 and walked 2.0 and learned an enormous lesson - not doing NOTHING the rest of the day or the day after my next long race.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Someone told me last night... "You're either totally amazing, or totally insane!" I said it was probably a little more of the latter than the former...! 

I"m thinking a little  lot more of the former.

Monday.......3miles...........no run

Tues............3miles..........no run

Wed.............rest...............no run

Thurs...........rest..............no run

Friday..........6 miles........3 miles

Sat...............rest...............no run

Sun..............6miles.........no run

Total....3 miles and back in the black hole.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Hey I'm here...fading, so no RR until tomorrow....

M - whole lot of moaning due to AIOMS (almost instantaneous onset muscle soreness)

T - 4.5 mi bike ride, 4 mi run

W- 6 mi run

T- 2 mi run, 10 min stretch/strength

F- 4 mi run

S- 5 mi run

S- 16 mi run

Totals: 37 mi running, 4.5 mi bike riding, 10 min stength/stretch

OK, I'd be lying if I said having this sinus infection hasn't impacted my week.  You can see the lack of cross-training. BUT, the good news is that I didn't lose a mile after all v. my plan for the week.  Whew!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

M - whole lot of moaning due to AIOMS (almost instantaneous onset muscle soreness)

Uh huh. Yeah.  That's what you WANT us to believe that acronym means.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Uh huh. Yeah.  That's what you WANT us to believe that acronym means.

Hmmmmm.....AIOMS....not sure whether this is something to be avoided or enjoyed.  Guess it all depends Smile

Mon - Ran 3 miles, walked 1

Tue - Biked 12 miles

Wed - Off  -- mom's wrist surgery -- did get in a 3 mile doggie walk later

Thu - Swam 1200 yards (yay, I'm not in danger of drowning anymore)

Fri - biked 17 miles

Sat  - JDRF Walk - ran it instead - 5K in 28:27, followed by helping friend move and mowing lawn

Sun - Swam 1200 yards

Totals:  6 miles running, 4 miles walking, 2400 yards swimming, 29 miles biking

This week I'm italics...hoping it will make me faster, but so far no good

Thanks for all you do Leslie!  Good luck with your BHAGR (big hairy audacious goal race) this weekend!

Update: the italics definitely did not work, but when I type them I just feel faster Smile

Progress Trumps Pefection
                    evanflein

Hey Carol, let me know how that italics running works for you!

Go Leslie, go!!

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

Totals for the week:
                        Thur - 7.8 miles
                        Fri - rest day
                        Sat - 19.5 miles
                        Sun - 4.5 miles

Paul

Renee the dog

Leslie,

Congrats on having the most guts here!  That was some day you had yesterday!

dg.

ok.... letting those comments age a bit more. 

am I late?  

Planned    Actual
                             M rest  rest
                             T  9 miles base pace     9.5 miles, 10:05 pace
                             W mixed intervals went to the gym.  wonder why?  don't remember. 25 min. elliptical, sets back raises, calf lifts lower & upper body weight machines... 2 sets of adductor & abductor, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists. (2 sets of 1 & 3), later dead bug, pigeon pose, arm things, split leg bridges
                             T  non impact cardio, core workout  mixed intervals, modified workout to do less but paces were (for me) pretty good .   later, michael yessis & verstegen things, quad stretches
                             F  2 mile w/u c/d recovery pace, 7 miles 1/2 MP 11.44 miles, 9:44 pace
                             S  core/resistance workout 40 min. fitzgerald core stuff & other things
                             S  20 miles base pace

20:14 miles, 10:19 pace.    stretches, the stick & foam roller later

Eliz, so sorry you're sick!   

Leslie, you are amazing.  I don't know how you did it.

Erika too (you're welcome).. I agree with evryday

Carol, how's your mom?   good idea about the italics!  kind of chi running.

Nono hope your infection clears up soon.  I keep wondering about the sand & the pains in your legs. 

totals..

44.6 miles running, 25 minutes ellipticalling, 1 hr. 45 minutes strength training.