Masters Running

40s and Beyond On the Run - Even When You Think You Can't . . . (Wk of 10/12/08) (Read 606 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - congrats on your award and be careful on that Bosu! Good luck to our racers Cindy and Doug! Cindy, treat your body well, I know you'll do fine, you've done your 20 miler, just take it easy...and we're waiting breathlessly for the RR... Carol - wow, you are FAST - great race and a negative 3rd split, someday maybe you'll catch your extra-speedy mom Smile Kelly - $*&% flaky clients! Angry I feel the same way about students who don't show up for class (then whine when they don't do well on the exams - like someone's gonna throw 'em a pity party). I agree that you should charge them if they don't show and don't notify you in a timely fashion, they should have to pay for your time. My doctor and dentist both do that, BTW - $20 if you don't give them 24 hr cancellation notice. Jim - good to hear you're sorting out your shoe issues. It's unbelievable how much trouble the wrong shoes can cause. My first pair of running shoes literally broke my foot. Light-ish mileage week this week, then traveling to the wine country next weekend for a HM that has a 15 mi option, the plan is to run the scheduled 14 then do a gentle walking cool-down, ...oh and then take the bus back for the wine festival! Here's the link - looks like a pleasant course, there are 21 wineries along the way, some of them will be setting up refreshments including wine for those so inclined (I think that would honestly make me puke but it's a festive idea): http://www.runhealdsburg.com/site5.aspx Have a great weekend! Arla Modified to fix link

Ex runner

jfa

Nice race Carol and Mrs Carol's Mom! Great times for you both !! Best of Luck to Cindy and Doug !! Go get 'em !!!!! Hic... looks like a nice..hic...run/race Arla!!!!

Evening, everyone - Carol - Congrats to you and your mom! She's quite the running whiz kid, isn't she? Cindy - Good luck to you and Doug. You guys are gonna do great. I know I'm late, but if you read this, a couple of names: Pam, my boss' wife - breast cancer/mastectomy survivor, and Marlene, one of my best buds, cancer survivor. Jewels - What kind of speech do you have to give? Deep breaths, you'll do great. Intended to do an easy 5 miles this a.m. Got about 2.25 down the road and realized I had forgotten something rather important and had to get back home pronto. I ended up with 4.5 miles w/an av pace of 9:48, and that's with walking up a long hill. Ha! My coach would kill me! Suppose to be taking it nice and easy this and next week. It's unbelievable how long you can hold a certain pace when you have to get done. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Will spend the day tomorrow with my dad at the movies. We haven't spent any time together in a few weeks. Later!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

got it
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Okay. I finally finished my report - Fatozzig's Place.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Cox's Ponds 2nd annual Pumpkin Run Lynda did another 5 k, waffled some between the 5 k and 10 miler and opted for the 5k after consideration with our harvest schedule and race size etc. over the 10 miler. Both races circle corn and soybean fields, ponds and pastures in the Frenchman river basin in a hilly trail and county road course. I was just a spectator but scored some cool swag including the race t and a Running Times cap. The start/finish at Cox's ponds an oasis in arid the plains. http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/JDgreen4020/2008%20pumpkin%20run/coxpond1.jpg Sunrise warmup http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/JDgreen4020/2008%20pumpkin%20run/warmup.jpg some shady characters along the route http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/JDgreen4020/2008%20pumpkin%20run/shadycharacters.jpg the course http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/JDgreen4020/2008%20pumpkin%20run/racecourse.jpg Lynda coming into the finish http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/JDgreen4020/2008%20pumpkin%20run/Lyndafinish.jpg Jonathan smoking into the finish on the 10 miler in 65 minutes and change http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/JDgreen4020/2008%20pumpkin%20run/JBfinish.jpg

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Beautiful location for a race. Congrats to Lynda and Jonathon! Glad you got some schwag, too!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  Good Sunday morning to everyone..... Damn Red Sox..... Love the pics Jim......nice dirt roads to run on and so festive looking......tell Lynda congrats and hope she had a good time! Arla, quite an interesting course of refreshments. What a great training run that will be. Enjoy! Great race report Leslie. I really enjoyed it. You stuck it out in the end. I also just read a couple of your other blogs.....funny as hell. Love the butt floss blog and I hear ya on the phone ringing blog. My speech by the way is on Freedom of Religion, not my choice it was a chosen topic. I've already done one which was of my picking so it was easy. I'm not sweating it! My daughter takes the class with me so we make it fun. I'm already half way thru the Fall semester. Then I get a 3-4 week break before Spring semester starts up. Go get 'em Cindy and Doug! Jewels
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - Awesome RR! I think that's an appealing introductory trail run except for the 18 FREAKIN' DEGREES!! Is it always that cool this time of year? Jim - Fun pics of the race and congrats to Lynda and WOW look at Jonathan kickin' it in! Jewels - Gotta love those assigned talk topics - NOT. You could have some fun with it by speaking against freedom of religion, just to show how an argument can be made for any position. Evil grin Just a thought - depends on what your instructor might tolerate, of course. Lovely morning for running here today, 57F at 9:30 am, and there were TONS of runners out there, I guess the cool weather is bringing people outside and off their treadmills Yes Arla

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

Jusr peking in...cant typ...done. done.edone.....aawwkd! oh, dringing bers now! Big grin Doug: (turd!) HONEBEIN, DOUGLAS Bib #2242 M M40-44 LITTLETON , CO 80124 Overall Rank Class Rank Pace Sex Rank Age Gun Final Final 1040 of 1719 119 of 172 00:10:09 690 43 04:30:26.05 04:25:58 had ankle issues = lotsa walking 2nd half.... Sad HONEBEIN, CINDY Bib #521 F F45-49 LITTLETON , CO 80124 Overall Rank Class Rank Pace Sex Rank Age Gun Final Final 1707 of 1719 42 of 44 00:13:52 678 46 06:08:06.9 06:03:38 (beat the Grimm Sweepers - just barely!)
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      wildchild

Carolyn

Woohoo, Cindy, you made it! Sorry about the ankle issues, but you did it! Wow, Doug did really well, too!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Queen of 3rd Place

AHA! Cindy! Told ya you'd make it! Get some rest! Arla

Ex runner

Ultrachick

Good job Cindy and Doug! Nice report too! Leslie. Nice pics Jim! Good job Lynda! Catch up with you all tomorrow! Kelly
                            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.