Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 6.23.17 (Read 28 times)

coastwalker

Mornini' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3.1 TM miles, + 2.1 post-work TM miles)
    Stumpy (3.1 lake-loop morning miles in near IRC with a 2 goldens meet-up)
    Tramps (exercise + core work +20 min 3:1 run/walk with flies and seriously consistent, lottery-playing pacing)
    Jlynne (5.5 morning miles in humidity and later rain)
    Holly (1,150 pool yard with a tweaked knee)
    Tomwhite (20 min cycling x-bike with ever-increasing tension + 40 min pool run with letters)
    Fatozzig (1 morning hr. of core/ST work with accomplishment soreness)
    Mike (8 evening miles at a comfortable pace)
    Evanflein (1 mile race in 7:05 - maybe an AG win?)

Stumpy, are anniversaries as relatively insignificant as birthdays as one gets older? Don’t tell my DW!
    Good question about iPhone Health - mine is always so different that DW’s Fitbit, even when we’ve had extraordinarily similar activity days.

Freaky is right, Tramps. I couldn’t be that consistent if I tried.

How was dinner, Cat? What did you cook? Didn’t know about the national/international limitations on giving blood - thanks.

I hope your knee is better, Holly.

Everyone needs a good parent visitor, Tammy.

Twocat, have a great trip, and a great visit with Mariposai, and enjoy the cherries. I’m surprised that you are not already giving up on donating blood in CT after your latest nightmare there.

Tet, I’m so surprised to lear that you are a fish fan…

Fatozzig, it’s always good to know that you’re not dead yet!

Jlynne, is that sort of like “If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter”? How’d you do with the GSs?

If anyone is interested, we’ve been knows to have a lobster-fest or two.

I went for another PT session yesterday. More Gaston technique, cupping and dry-needling, plus a few other goodies. I was really sore for the rest of the day. So I decided to take this morning as a PT-recovery morning.

Gotta go - my first meeting starts in 5 min.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

All that PT really hurts!  Been there.

2.8 miles.  Just didn't have it to finish it out for the planned 3 after a bathroom stop.  Oh well.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

PT can be a "no pain, no gain" deal, I suppose.  Hang in there, Jay.

A little longer walk-run today on a different route.  Modified freaky running pace coincidence:

• Wed:    8:20 / 7:42 / 7:42 / 7:42 / 7:42
        • Thurs:  8:20 / 7:42 / 7:42 / 7:42 / 7:42
        • Friday: 7:42 / 7:42 / 7:42 / 8:20 / 7:09 / 7:42 / 8:20

I appear to be subconsciously fixated on 742 and less so on 820. 

Be safe. Be kind.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Twocat - so sorry to hear about your blood letting experience.  I rarely timed out - my blood used to flow pretty quickly.  Especially that one time the CT red cross nurse hit the artery rather than the vein!  I will miss those times, now that I can never donate again.

Yesterday - a mid-day seven miler in 58 1/2 minutes.  That's pretty sproinky for the new me.  PBJ special v55?

Today - fizzy lifting and spinnerooni for lunch.  Gotta work off the Friday morning work bagel that had banana nut topping instead of a hole.  What do they call that - a "bagish" or a "dangle"?  Whatever the name, it was really good.

Have a great weekend all!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika - nice that you have a record of your mile times over the years. Maybe keep doin' 'em as long as you can to when they start taking eight minutes, nine minutes, etc.  There's not many places that have one milers anymore. There used to be a Fourth-of-July one-mile when I was down a little southeast of you. However, except for one-mile adjuncts for kids to some 5/10K's, none anywhere I know of in the PNW.  Anybody else ever run that distance in a timed race?  Any bets on when it'll start taking eight, nine, etc. minutes for a stand-alone mile?  Good luck.

beautiful PNW weather again.

no rain now for two days in a row!

Perfect for the all-you-can-eat smorgasbord

at the finale of this week's annual Herring-Fest.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Dinner was great, Shepherds Pie followed by a Blackberry and Apple Crumble.

Carb loading for my initial weigh in for a weight loss competition at work.

Official Start Weight is 172.5, goal is 160 by Sept 18th

Had a kicoff meeting and weigh in which took up lunchtime, so ran after work

7 and change. Now hunkered down at home against the worst that Cindy's remnants can throw at us.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Marathon Maniac #957

Dinner was great, Shepherds Pie followed by a Blackberry and Apple Crumble.

Carb loading for my initial weigh in for a weight loss competition at work.

Official Start Weight is 172.5, goal is 160 by Sept 18th

Okay, that is kind of cheating, but Blackberry and Apple Crumble - be still my beating heart!

Okay there was a lot of rain in the forecast, but there seemed to be a clear spot this morning for a bit, so I set off in high hopes.  Then, about a mile out, it started raining.  Hmm, I thought, should I head back home and finish on the TM, because after all, I am breaking Twocat's rule of No Running In The Rain, but it was warm rain, kind of nice, so I continued on.  It started to rain harder, so I turned to head toward home, but then lightened up, so I turned around again, only to begin to rain harder, so I turned again toward home..  My MP3 player shorted out at about 6 miles.  When I made it back home I was drenched through and through, and had a blister that had already formed and popped on the knuckle of my big toe, where I am apparently developing a bunion.  Joy. So, HEED MY WARNING - DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BREAK TWOCAT'S RULE OF NO RUNNING IN THE RAIN!  The consequences could be dire.

9 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Uh oh, Holly--you are going to get a scolding from Twocat.  It is not HIS rule..it is just THE rule.

I went 6 miles, tonight, then took one of our granddaughters out to dinner.  She's 15 years old and the rest of her family went down to Tennessee for a basketball tournament...and she did not want to go.  She is very mature but, still, it makes me a little nervous.  I have reassured her that I can be there in 10 minutes if she needs me...maybe I was just reassuring myself.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yum--shepherd's pie. Not exactly hot weather food, but don't usually let that stop me.

Hate to tell you, but that's not a violation if you don't START in the rain.  We'll reserve judgement on the wisdom of continuing, however.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

spacityrunner

3.1 miles after the storm.  Just before sunset...there was still some thunder, and a bit of lightening, but NO RAIN   When I finished I hung out in the parking lot for a bit as the sun set the sky looked like it was on fire and the birds were a singing away.  It was lovely.  I love running...

Oh, and I love shepherds pie.

Trails Rock!

Thank you Mike E you are right. Also, good to see stumpy77 understands all of the clauses associated with the rule. It does not cover getting caught in the rain, heading towards home, then back away, then towards then . . . Holly S. that is instead covered by these nice people coming to get you with a new white jacket! Once you get it on they will take you in a real big van to a very nice place where you can even run into the walls without getting hurt. How awesome is that!

This morning mariposai went off for a 7.3 mile route of hers. To think my DW thinks I am bad when it comes to how many miles a route may be! After a bit over 9 miles we landed back at her home's doorstep. From there it was a a tour a really impressive apple and cherry farm. Huge operation! One of the owners gave us a tour. Really amazing to see how all of the fruit is processed. We finished with lunch at his firm's golf club. Not a bad gig at all!

So far I still have mariposai I am deathly allergic to gardening. Shhhh! She has not asked me to garden a single plant so far! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

When I made it back home I was drenched through and through, and had a blister that had already formed and popped on the knuckle of my big toe, where I am apparently developing a bunion.  

Oh holly. I could haxe shown you first-hand at last year's rainy Portland Marathon how not to get blisters when running in the rain, . . . but you were too fast up ahead of me.  Sorry about you-know-who's rule, though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)