Masters Running

Thursdaily, 5.31.18 (Read 39 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It seems that I have been under a dark cloud for over a week, now.  Last week, we turned on our A/C for the first time, this year, to find it wasn't working.  Of course, we couldn't get anybody to come out until, yesterday, to tell us we need a new A/C unit.  We have been waiting all spring to have our siding replaced because of a hail storm last fall.  They were supposed to start 4 weeks ago.  A crew, finally, showed up, today, and took off all our siding and then realized they had the wrong size trim boards...that will take 2 weeks to get.  Then, when I got home, I found Debbie pulling out all the food out of our freezer because it stopped working.

I went 7 miles to get away from it all for awhile...it was all still here when I got back.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, a quick post.  I went for a 4 mile run (with walking) with my TR (traditional reservist) deputy of my soon-to-be new job.  Always a good way to get to know people.

Have a great night everyone!

Mike - Sometimes when it rains it pours.  Hang in there.

Steve - 

Holly - Just because somebody gave birth to a child doesn't make him/her a parent.  Huge kudos to that young lady for taking care of herself and choosing to stay on the right path.  You and your hub probably have more influence over her than you may be aware of.

Erika - I, too, have a very hard time running easy.  Also, I'd read some about chi running before, and what the guy talked about made a lot of sense - posture, shorter stride, etc.

I'm laying on the floor switching between ice and the heating pad on my butt.  I've decided I'll do sweep duties Saturday for Grasshopper Peak, then I'm down for the count until I can get into my chiro or PT next week and get things under control.  I'd rather be down for one or two weeks than 8 months again.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

MikeE, I can so sympathize about your repair ord The Easy Pacer and I have been in the repair mode in the first floor of our house...what a nightmare.

Holly, I am so proud of you and your family for showing love and TLC to your DD's friend. Someday your DD will see what a great and caring family she has.

Tamster, I am beaming every time I see a picture of David on Facebook. You have done a great job showing  him the way. He is tops!!! and he will do great things in life.

Enkie, how was your weekend in the cabin. Still worried about you int he wood with the cougars.

Falconfixer, you new to be TR, do explain more, please.

Erika, I wish I had the speed problem you have. I have lost ALL my speed in the last two years. I consider speed at 10 miles per hour now, but I do celebrate ever SMILE MILES.

This past two weeks has been very hard for me at work. Not only I was doing my duties as the ED of an Housing Authority, but also performing the job of a Financial staffs while they were on vacation. I think I could have handled the task if I did not have a State Audit's report due yesterday. Let me put it this way...my butterfly wings were all frazzled by the time 8pm came along yesterday..but I got it done.

Today was a mellow day, so I took some time to go to the mountains to run 8 after work. I really enjoyed being in the woods.

Tomorrow is Friday hurrahhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Jay - those race walking times are hard to wrap my head around.

Dave59 - I may pop over to Falwell this Sunday for a half. It's put on by a for profit company called "Run Michigan Cheap". It's a no frills group run with ample self serve water stations, an $8.00 T shirt and $4.00 finisher's medal. The socializing would do me good.

Bio Guy - Paying someone to do a 1/2 hearted job is frustrating.

I slipped her a $50 gas card last weekend, but wish I could help her more.

I'm sure a few of us know the feeling. +1 on getting junk yard tires. Your post takes me back to DD#2's first boy friend. Regardless of orientation or gender identification, an adolescent needs a same sex role model. Too bad so many parents aren't qualified.

Erika - Grand run!!

MikeE - what a mess. I'm sorry to hear about your headaches. I tackle the problems your siding people handle everyday with about a 75% success rate. I'm jonesing for more details and want to dive in.

(((((Mariposai))))) - hang in there kiddo.

We finally have a new boss who's starting the 18th of June. I've worked under him when he was an assistant GM. I hope he's grown into some big boy Batman UnderRoos.

One of our suppliers was on the phone ranting with me pretty bad. I'm still having a hard time processing it. I'm holding all of our vendors to the same standards I expect our customers to hold us to. When that company makes mistakes, it takes months to fix them unless I make waves. By the time the conversation was over, the lady didn't say, "Hey, lets be best friends.". Then their truck came in. We're not going to become any more buddy-buddy.

Someone hit that with sandpaper and sprayed it with primer. I usually hold my hand up next the damage for reference. The large ding is 1/2 the size of my thumb.

DW bought a car in FL. It belonged to our SIL's grand parents. DW, DD#1 and her MIL flew down to pick it up Wednesday. The road-trip crew surprised DOD at his favorite restaurant.

Dad called later and ripped me for not letting him know they were going to be passing through. I didn't know until 3:30 PM. I called the restaurant and picked up the tab. I took it on the nose for that too. I told him that, after years of therapy, he'll be just fine. As soon as I hung up the phone, I registered for one of the Gasparilla races in 2019. I hope I remember to count my blessings. 7 years ago, I was cutting my medication in half and doing odd jobs.

SteveP