Masters Running

Wednesday, June 4th Daily (Read 405 times)

King of PhotoShop

Nice picture, but who is that man in the back on the left? I thought I warned you about him! Spareribs
      Fran thanks for that incredible story... GA run at 9:24 pace for 6.2 miles around the neighborhood this afternoon which is 5 loops. 1st loop 75F & humid I'm sweating heavily. 2nd & 3rd loops starts to drizzle, it felt good. Smile 4th loop it pours & I'm soaked. 5th loop goes back to light rain. On walk home for cool down the thunder & lightning starts. My timing was not to bad considering. Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

3.70 miles this evening. I was sweating just getting dressed. Anyway, I didn't run at much of a pace just because it was too humid to push it. However, I felt good during the run and probably could have stepped it up. I will again comment on that video that Fran put the link on. If you like human interest stories with happy/sad endings and inspiration.....spend the time to look at it. Here it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3421852 Joey
        Vista

GreenMan

....I then said "hey dude duck...a little wine and romance goes a long way with the duck'ettes" he wasn't impressed Roll eyes ...... Tim
          Well, le canard sur la canard hot action got me thinking. While I'm not an avarian sex therapist, neither have played on on TV, my guess is the female being "bested" is a crude manner of determing which male has adequate strength, thereby deseving of sharing her genes. Fast forward to humans and we see many more "higher" attributes are required to see who shares the she-jeans. Remember Atalanta and Hippomedes(?). Only the fastest (strongest) would be allowed to marry(mate) with Atalanta as decreed by father-king. But Hippomedes resorted to cunning(intelligence) by throwing golden apples(beauty, intelligence, etc) to distract her and thereby proving his strenght in higher realms. just thinking out loud, jjj
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
          evanflein

OMG Fran (and Joey, for posting the link again), thanks for making me such a blathering mess a couple hours before I get off work. That story reminds me so much of Coach Jen and our soccer team. She died from a heart attack in her sleep the night of July 21. The boys were devastated, she was so important to them and the whole team was so close. They were her boys. Three weeks later, they went on to win the State Cup Championship again (second year in a row), in her memory. The ending wasn't quite as dramatic as the basketball story, but lots of tears and hugs at the end, and her husband took her place with the team for the final photos. Just heart wrenching, and uplifting at the same time. In two weeks the boys go to Honolulu for the Far West Regionals, and hope to score a few good ones for Coach Jen.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well, le canard sur la canard hot action got me thinking. While I'm not an avarian sex therapist, neither have played on on TV, my guess is the female being "bested" is a crude manner of determing which male has adequate strength, thereby deseving of sharing her genes. Fast forward to humans and we see many more "higher" attributes are required to see who shares the she-jeans. Remember Atalanta and Hippomedes(?). Only the fastest (strongest) would be allowed to marry(mate) with Atalanta as decreed by father-king. But Hippomedes resorted to cunning(intelligence) by throwing golden apples(beauty, intelligence, etc) to distract her and thereby proving his strenght in higher realms. just thinking out loud, jjj
              WOW jjj, that does explian it better....I think, lol...your one smart dude.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild - congratulations on your new job!!! mariposai - nice pic!! dave - PT and core strengthening is really helping my back - slowly but definitely helping - hope it works for you!! tonight's track workout: 8-10 sets of the following 200 at 65 30 sec rest 200 at 59-60 Rest: 200 meter walk after each set. did 3 laps opposite direction for warmup and 4 laps opposite direction for cooldown -- stretched and did my PT exercises after........feeling pretty good just a little pinchy and achy but not too bad - plan to take some motrin and ice after my shower!! tomorrow is graduation day here - please pray for sun so graduation will be outside and not stuffed inside a gym!! Cool thanks!! HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

denise

Managed to sneak in 4 miles and a 1 mile walk between rounds of thunderstorms. The tornado never materialized in my neck of the woods, er, suburbs, thank goodness. I'm encouraged to realized that I actually run faster than I walk, but both are pretty sluggish. Temps in the mid-70s and humidity in the mid-80s made me think I know what it feels like to be a bug in a terrarium. Very glad to have gotten out there, though. Smile Off to finish packing for camp. Shocked Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

4 wanna-run-for-ever type of run tonight. Having missed two days of running is amazing how great the legs felt. I may do a longish run tomorrow morning since the weekend is going to be a zoo around here (parade,funeral,wedding,graduation,dinner, good bye at airport all within 24 hours on Saturday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hi Mariposai! Glad you had fun in Seattle... wish I'd been there too (and Soundie!!) Spending the evening barking orders at boys. Oh what fun. I hate coming home to a messy/dirty/disaster-zone house. Right now, my house is all of those and more. I just informed DS2 he has to vacuum tomorrow before we go. "Why?" asks he. "Because," said I. "It'll be late Sunday night when we get home, so we'll miss Saturday (usual chore day), and next week you'll argue it's not your week. Then your brother won't do it because you didn't do it when it was your week." (yes, they really do this) He actually chuckled, and said, bingo, mom. Hmph. Might make him clean toilets tomorrow, too! 10 miles tonight... surprised myself, I was heading out for 6. I sure fade on the trip back up the hill though. I wonder if my legs are still tired from all the "garden squats" I did earlier this week. I think I need to start strength training again, actually. Avg pace tonight was about 8:28, but that includes the really fun early downhill miles at the start... hafta climb back up to get home... I did more than planned cuz we leave tomorrow for this soccer tournament, and who knows what I'll get in down there...