Masters Running

Thursdaily April 11, 2018 (Read 38 times)

hope your symptoms have subsided, Leslie.  It sounded suspiciously like what DW when she developed a kidney stone, down to a bucket in the car on the way to ER.

Symptoms were completely gone within about 3 hrs. Kidney stones crossed my mind since I don't have a gallbladder or appendix.  We'll see if it happens again (hopefully not!!)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Planned day off after Wednesday speedwork.

Geez leslie, I hope it's food poisoning and not something more insidious!

tomwhite; yeah, AR style rifles aren't very good for target shooting, or hunting. doesn't compare well at all to my Grandad's old 1950's 30.06 or 30/30 bolt actions.

bioguy; sorry to hear about the old timer feeling bad.

ksa; on the road to recovery? great!

jay; maybe you need less on your plate? lol

only gossip from Richmond Cali is that there was a swarm of cops at the end of my block today, maybe they were catching up to one of the shooters from recent problems.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

spacityrunner

3 miles around the hood in warm 80f and windy.  I startled 4 deer enjoying dinner at the deer roadside diner and one rabbit at the bunny roadside cafe. Predicting big storms for tomorrow.

Trails Rock!

fatozzig sushi is one of the few kinds of cuisine that I really dislike. Your story is not tempting me to change my mind.

Surly Bill you sure do live in an "interesting" place.

I am still on the DL. For running that will likely last quite some time. I am hoping to see my hamstring calm down to the point where the elliptical becomes a possibility. I pulled out my modified seat cushion that I used to use all the time when I first came down with hamstring tendonosis years ago. Thing works like a charm. It is about 2 inches thick of couch seat cushion. Fairly stiff. I have holes cut out towards the back where my hamstrings come to rest on the cushion. Basically, the idea is to avoid compressing the hamstrings. Works like a charm! Commuting and sitting at a desk were painful and aggravating my hamstrings. Now? No problem! Most importantly, it lets them heal.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Posie--I am doing the Delaware Marathon on April 29th.

I went 6.2 miles.

That's it.  I haven't been sleeping well, lately, so I'm going to bed.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, slept in this morning so ran 5+ after work.  Then in the evening a 22.7 mile bike ride with a group (lucky since it was windy).  Fun ride. The two-time defending champs (Go Pens!) got off to a great start last night.

Bioguy, bike the north end of Skyline Drive when I lived in Winchester.  Beautiful drive as well.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

MikeE, very cool!

Falconfixer, that bike ride sounds like a fun event. I am a newbie at biking and I am learning to enjoy it.

Twocat, I don't like your hammie status at all. Butterfly hugs my dear buddy.

Erika, how are you doing to day after a long day at work. Did you fly back today?

My butterfly wings went out for a 3.5 easy miles today. My work load did not allow me to do a single XT PT ordered exercise today .

Tomorrow most likely be a day off because of another crazy day at work. Saturday will see me with a 10 miler walk/run, then Sunday will be one hour of biking.

Cheers to all. Off to keep on working on details for the upcoming Omak Orchards in Bloom half marathon and 10k.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Tammy - sometime back you shared a video of David opening a gaming station for Christmas. I often recall it when you are kind enough to share details of the man is blossoming into.

BioGuy- I'm sorry to hear about your ailing hound.

Rest day of sorts. I was able to help a friend with a move. I had to get a little grumpy about it. "Dude, how are you going to fit your bed in the trunk of your car?". On the trip back, a good sized bird flew in front of the truck. It's not as large as an eagle, but still larger than a hawk. It's brown with a large white spot on the center of it's tail.

SteveP