Masters Running

Turkey Trots Tomorrow? (Read 325 times)

Doing the Indy Drumstick Dash tomorrow morning. 4.5 mi. street course around Broad Ripple. 5,000+ entrants. Chilly at the start. Chili at the finish. Wink Anyone else? Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey, I remember Broad Ripple on my Marathon attempt...kewl place. I will "non" run a turkey trot with ya....but may be boring. Turkey TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

#artbydmcbride

Plymouth Rock 'n' Run 5k tomorrow, out near where the fires just were in Yorba Linda. Its been raining today, so it may be interesting tomorrow. Hopefully not muddy. Roll eyes Run well all! Smile

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Miamisburg, Ohio, 5-mile Turkey Trot. Clear and temps at roughly 29 to start.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Way Station Turkey Trot 5K in Frederick, MD this morning for PDR and myself. Good luck, everyone!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Prince of Fatness

I'm running a 5K this morning. I'm coming off an injury and can't race it. Instead I'll be pacing a buddy that just started running early this year. It should be fun. Everyone have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Not at it at all. 

Don't know my exact time but I'm sure I beat the 41 min. from a couple years ago. WAY crowded. It took over a mile to get any room to run. I do have a question: Why do the walkers insist on walking down the middle of the street? If you see people spilling around you, why wouldn't you move to the side? Anyway, temps were around 30F--frost on the yards and all. No wind and clear, blue sky. Hope everyone else had a good run! Don't eat too much! (Yeah, right... Roll eyes ) TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Finished the Hudson Turkey Trot, a rolling 2.5 miler. Mid-upper 30's, maybe? I won the AG last year, came in 10th OA/ 3rd AG today, w/ a better time (15:03) Some out-of-towner blew in with a 13:33 to win the Masters this year........(grumbles)........that's bookin'. Shocked Now I'm gonna roast a ham and fixin's. Best of the day to all of you....Walt
                    4.5 mi. 41:44.5. 9:16/mi. pace. 95th in AG. 28 deg. at the start. Nice day overall. TC

Nice Turkey Trot, AA717. Beating your time in the last one is good. Walt, nice job on your Turkey Trot. Also faster than the last one. Congrats to both of you. TomS