Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E JAN 4TH (Read 375 times)

Sorry about the tallies...I've been being lazy...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:17 Tue-Off Wed-2@8:49 Thur-Off Fri-2 mile walk Sat-7@7:54 Sun-5@7:56 + 1 mile walk Total=19 miles + 3 walking
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Happy New Year everyone! One of my goals for 2009 is to actually do some XT to post on the running and XT thread! Monday - ran 3.5 at a sproinky-for-me pace on legs that felt like leg-encased concrete; weird; walked 0.7 Tuesday - major excavation in mom's rec room - lots of hauling stuff to the trash Wednesday - felt lousy, but wasn't willing to leave annual miles at 539.4, so I dragged myself through a 0.6 mile run (really) and a 1.0 mile walk; did yoga afterward, but still feel stiff and sore Thursday - yoga Friday - ran 4.0, walked 1.3 on dead legs Saturday - running a fever; guess that explains why I've felt so lousy all week; resting Sunday - only running for me is still the fever; more rest run 8.1; walk 3.0 Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Tallies? We don't need no stinkin' tallies! Big grin Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest...............rest Tues...6miles.............6miles Wed...6miles.............6miles Thurs..rest...............rest Frid....6miles.............6miles Sat....rest...............party Sun...15miles...........15 miles Total....33 miles
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Eh, we know how good (or bad) we're doin', Gordon. Don't need no tallies, but I do love all your comments. How about just those?? Big grin Mon - 30 min stationary bike; 1 hr core/strength Tues - 3 miles (was suppose to be 5 w/hill repeats, but I've decided my shoes are too old. My ankle and knee was killing me) Wed - 30 mind-numbing min on stationary bike; 1 hr core/strength using free weights only, no Bowflex. Better workout Thurs - Lazy Fri - 30 min stationary bike, 35 min core/strength (ankle hurts) Sat - Staying off ankle for a few days Sun - 12/31/08 - Ankle still really PO'd. I think it's my shoes. They have 460+ miles on them, but had to order my size in my style - Mizuno Wave Alchemy. No more running until they come in. Just . . . the . . . stationary (yawn!) . . . bike. Undecided

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon. This should be full taper week but I'm off work all week... We're also in the midst of a hard cold snap so I'll probably be taking the kids to the gym/pool a few times. Monday: 5 miles EZ pace, .55 mile walk w/u and c/d, 25 mins upper body weights and abs Tuesday: 9.55 miles (4.3 outside with hills at -23F, 5.25 inside on the TM at room temp); .5 mile walk c/d Wednesday: 7.11 miles on the TM brings me over 2000 for the year Smile and then a .66 mile walk w/u and c/d Thursday: Rest Day (didn't even leave the house!) Friday: 5.3 miles, 8:29 avg pace on the TM; .66 mile walk w/u and c/d Saturday: 7.05 miles, 8:31 avg pace; .66 mile walk w/u and c/d Sunday: 10.3 miles, half out in -18 temps, half in on the TM, 8:50 avg pace; .35 mile walk c/d Totals: 44.3 miles running, 3.4 miles walking, 1 x strength training... not much XT this week!
              pfriese

Thanks Gordon,
                DayPlanActualComment
                Monday8 miles running7.75 miles running - done9:03/mile avg pace
                Tuesday5 miles bicycling 8 miles running4.9 miles bicycling - done 7.75 miles running - doneputs me over 1000 miles YTD on the bike 9:37/mile avg pace
                Wednesday8 miles running7.6 miles running - done9:33/mile avg pace
                Thursday8 miles running1.7 miles running (warm-up) 5K race10:22/mile avg pace 7:27/mile avg pace
                Friday14 miles running15.5 miles running - done10:01/mile avg pace
                Saturdayrest day??
                Sundayrest day??
                Total45 miles running 5 miles bicycling43.4 miles running - Done 4.9 miles bicycling - Done
                Paul
                Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon for starting our weekly thread Big grin No need for tallies, I know I'm still not back to my former running / exercising self. Mon....no more sore throat, but still having coughing spells. Didn't manage to drag my butt out of bed till 7h30AM to go to work. Tue....more of the same. Didn't get up till 8AM this morning. Though I started feeling better during the day. Wed...up at 5h30AM again. Feeling much better, or is that because I know I don't have to go to work today? On the TM for like 5 min. then started coughing badly and stepped off again. Darn! I wanted to end the year with a run. Thu....HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 10K this morning. It was tough, but I did it. And no coughing till I stepped off the TM. Fri.....UB endurance first, including abs. Then a very easy 20min run (=3K). Sat...8K on the TM rather late in the day. Sun..Race Day: only 5K. Lots of ice on the course that slowed me down. I was really scared I'd injure myself. Tried to run out of my comfort zone but slowed down often because of the ice. Total weekly mileage: 26K this week

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

dg.

hi all. thanks Gordon Smile Dutchie get better, be careful. i've been messing w/that for almost a month. Leslie.. hope your ankles & knees are ok. ... yes!!! about the stoopid yelling guy. billie whatever. Mon:... 5.2 miles recovery, 10:09 pace. 20 min. elliptical. side planks, stretched. Tues... 1/2 hr. prehab. a few 'explosive running exercises' at work. knee drives & squats. Wed::... 5.37 miles, 9:43 pace. 1/2 hr. weight machines.. 2 sets. stretched. Thurs:.... 1 hr. 35 min. trail run/walk. only counting 3 as a run. stopped, walked, got lost. almost froze. lots of potential there! but a few necessary changes... Fri:...... 4.20 run, (recovery ish) 25 min. recumbent bike, 30 min. upper body weight machines, free weights, assorted stab. ball. Sat:... house cleaning, floor washing, dog de-skunking. Sun:... 11.11 miles, 10 min. pace. totals 28.9 miles, 25 min. on the bike, 20 min. elliptical, 1 1/2 hr. strength training. walked some. i think that's a weekly mileage pr for me.
                      Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: --- Tuesday: --- Wednesday: 3 miles on the treadmill Thursday: --- Friday: 4 miles on the treadmill Saturday: --- Sunday: --- Totals: 7 miles Dark Horse
                      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                      nowor

Lazy...you're never lazy...just enjoying the holidays. Mon-4.5 mi T-core/ball class W-3.5 slippy slidy snow eating run followed by an hour snow shoveling Th- F-7 catch up mi Su-yoga Summary: 15 mi + stuff; Winter is unpredictable.