Masters Running

Friday before Boston, 4/12 daily (Read 39 times)

Mariposai

A quick post to wish good trip to those who are  traveling to Boston this weekend.

We are all so very proud and excited for you guys.

Safe travels, happy race!!!

I ran 5 miles last night as a way to test out the legs. Sproinky run, so moving onward! More miles tomorrow.

Go Boston runners go!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

A quick post to wish good trip to those who are  traveling to Boston this weekend.

We are all so very proud and excited for you guys.

Safe travels, happy race!!!

+1

Over to the gym this morning for 3 miles on the treadmill and some weights.  Our never ending rain turned to ice last night.  Nothing like Minnesota, but everything around here is closed today.  You don't see that very often in the middle of April.

TammyinGP

I ran 4.5 miles after work last night. I can see my runners tan emerging, with a wide white band of skin where my garmin is.

listening to my Pandora station this morning and drinking my coffee. Right now it's Rapper's Delight by Sugarhill Gang. wow, i'm old skooling it this morning Wink

Tammy

Tramps

Thanks for the good wishes.

To keep costs down, we’re staying out at the Hopkinton end this time around.  My driver told me not to concern myself about logistics; she had it all under control.  Then I noticed she started a thread here because she has no idea what she’s doing. Roll eyes  That's reassuring.

The remnants of that storm came rumbling through this morning so I waited until it passed to run.  Easy 4-miler with striders just to stretch my legs.  Halfway through a stray torrential downpour came and soaked me anyway.  It was cooling, at least.  We were still in the upper 60s this morning, though cooler temps are promised.  I'm counting on Boston temps to feel refreshing by contrast.

Stumpy—good luck in Richmond.  Thank goodness you’re not getting this week’s heat on race day!

During the tough parts of Boston, I’ll be thinking about Karin and PBJ and others who aren’t able to run, while staying grateful that I can.

Be safe. Be kind.

{{{{Mike}}}} sorry about the truck.

We sold a nice white Chevy truck about 10 years ago during a financially tight time.  The guy that bought it from us said, "yup, every man needs a truck".  Which of course made DH feel even worse.  We did acquire another old one about 1 1/2 years ago - eye catching turquoise blue.  Unfortunately it is just sitting at the cottage, not getting any use.

Hey, I am going to volunteer at the Mt. Si Relays.....fun!!

Woke at 5:30am, realized I had slept well, so I got up for a run.  4.1 miles.  Last mile @ dream HM pace.  Wore some new shorts - it was only 42F out, but no wind.  Anyway, new shorts fuscia, and so lightweight.  Was good.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dave59

I've been wanting a truck again myself.  I had a little S-10 a while back and I miss it.  You guys are really pushing me to go get something I don't need.

I can see my runners tan emerging, with a wide white band of skin where my garmin is.

Yeah? Well I'll match you the glare off my pasty white legs from yet another day of snow, wind and cold weather Cool Serenity now!!!

A day of 3's today. 3 hours at the homeless shelter, 3 miles on the ARC trainer, 3 miles on the bike, 30 minutes of weights and core work. Spent the day yesterday at my DS and DIL's old house cleaning it for the new owners and all the while I was thinking, "I should be cleaning MY house and MY refrigerator."

Mike and Dave - I say go buy a truck. You'll both feel better.

Meant to comment on the great pictures being posted here lately. David is a handsome young man.

Glad the legs are recovering Mariposai.

Good luck with your sherpa Tramps, and good luck to everyone running Boston. Safe travels and fleet feet to all of you!

Marathon Maniac #957

Woke at 5:30am, realized I had slept well, so I got up for a run.  4.1 miles.  Last mile @ dream HM pace.  Wore some new shorts - it was only 42F out, but no wind.  Anyway, new shorts fuscia, and so lightweight.  Was good.

Sweet!

Go Boston Runners!

5 easy-paced miles for me this morning on the TM.

Just registered for the Moab Trail Marathon in November.  Not only do I get to run with Wildchild and Mntnck, but I'm bringing my local friend Renee - I'm already excited!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Busy last few days. I might catch up and might not.

Just wanted to wish the Boston runners well.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I saw MAINERUNNAH!!!  I was walking out of the expo with a few friends and was talking about Bob and how he is someone I bump into all the time at Boston or the expo or other races and I looked over at the volunteers handing out the bib numbers and there was BOB!!  So cool!!

Ran an easy 3.2 miles this morning, went to the PT for a tune-up, had my nails done marathon blue with the ring fingers yellow then met my friends and went in to the Expo!!  Fun day!!

Looking forward to Robin's on Sunday but sad we have injured runners not going Sad

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!!

denise

Good for you on the run and the volunteer gig, Enke!

Holly, when you mentioned the Moab marathon, it reminded me of my impending decision about St. George, in October.  If I get in the lottery, which I think is quite possible, I will need to have a hotel lined up.  I'm having a difficult time because I'm trying to do this on a budget.  The hotel I stayed at last year was very nice but expensive so of course it's still available.  Some of the inexpensive hotels are already booked and the really cheap ones, like with bad reviews on Trip Advisor, are still available.  Any ideas?

5 miles easy today.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

+1 on the safe travels wishes for our Boston runners.

+1 on the pasty white legs.

That's be a beautiful marathon, Holly.

Instructions from PT today - stay off the feet as much as possible this weekend, don't pool run, ice, ice, ice and stretch, stretch, stretch.  No pool running 'cause they taped up my calves with kinesio tape and excess soaking will make it peel off faster.

So no pool running - oh . . . boo . . . hoo . . . . .

Sitting around on my rear end all weekend - I can stand doing that once in awhile.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Leslie, what is going on with your foot? I must have missed  your post about it.

i think this website has been too mellow for having soooooooo many tapering people around here. I sure miss McSolar, remember him? He was the lion of tapers!

Tonight's run was more for a consolation run. I just got news that my son David's childhood friend, they grew up together and went to school together, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He is getting married next month and yes, I will have the honor of making their wedding cake.

At the same time last night we got news that my brother in law's significant other of over 15 years also is dying of cancer, may not make it over the weekend (she had breast cancer a little bit over 6 years ago. Had double mastectomy. Not a single indication of cancer cells taking over her body until two weeks ago.

Celebrate life my friends! Don't be shy to tell those you love how much they mean to you!

Ohh, during my run I saw a faint of a rainbow! It gave me hope for Bob, my son's friend. Ironically tomorrow afternoon is the bridal shower for his bride. I imagine that it is going to be hard.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Posie - Many, many prayers.

Re my foot - A mild case of Achilles tendinitis.  Hopefully will get it under control.  Lots of massaging, stretching, icing, and rest.  I'm worried that this is going to kill my WS training weekend over Memorial Day Weekend, but my main goals are Mt. Hood 50 and Headlands 50, so if WS has to go by the wayside, so be it.  If I can't run it, maybe I can volunteer somewhere so I can still go and spend time with Kate and Karen.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Nancy, how awful!

Opie - reserve a hotel room now.  If you don't make the lottery, call and cancel your reservation.  Personally, I have never minded cheap motels for something like a race weekend.  As long as they don't smell bad, a motel room is generally a motel room, and I'm not there very long.  If it's a family trip, I'm a little more picky.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."