Masters Running

Sunday Sunday- July 16 (Read 33 times)

12.2 miles.  Tried to keep HR low and that didn't go so well after the first couple of miles.  Humidity seems to tank that for me.  Held up pretty well until the last 3 miles and it got really tough.  Took a few breaks to  rest and finally made it.  About 71-80 degrees while I was out there.  I started at 7:15 and should have started earlier.    Done!   41 mile week.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

5 sultry sweaty swampy trail miles this morning.  Dripping like a faucet when I was done.  I want to nap now.

Trails Rock!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

5.66 Maine miles this morning.  A long, slow, but no stop slog up the big hill.  Which makes it a successful run no matter what else happens.  A beautiful day on the lake.  DW took her first kayak paddle in many years to celebrate her new knees and was very excited that she could get onto the new one I got her for anniversary.  I occasionally hit it right on gifts.

I liked Holy's response to her boss.  I'll have to remember that for next week when we're on vacay.  Have to cut this weekend short, since I have a 6am flight to Philly tomorrow morning and I DID NOT want to add an hour and a half to an already early morning.

Don't envy KSA or Spacity's running locations.  But at least THEY went out and ran--where's everyone else?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks!

No run for me today, up and early packing and returning the boat and heading home, and then unpacking and time to tend to some chores before the work week begins. Back at it tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Guillted into checking in by Kevin's post.

75F

2 miles

Then I walked 0.82

It's all I got some days.

We're heading to mass in a minute so this will be brief.

Noticed someone running in North Royalton! We were at Hinckley metro park in June. Great places to run back home!

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

...mid 90s here

did 55-min RC at FootBall Fields

guy was mowing

when I showed up,

so

I asked Permission before I used it-

''and since

you're probably Head Coach (he was)

let me say

I know

any FootBall Coach would rather have me

Kidnap his Family  than mess with his Practice Fields''

he laughed

and told me to have at it

.............good Running to Ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Nothing for me today, and I usually have a nagging guilty feeling when I let a morning as nice as this one was go by without being out there running or riding. But then my DW informed me that there was some buttermilk in the fridge that had to be used up soon so, being the breakfast chef around here, I cooked up a batch of buttermilk blueberry pancakes, which we had sitting out on our back patio with pure maple syrup and all the trimmings. No power equipment running, no pool party next door -- just green and quiet except for the birds.

I feel less guilty about shirking now...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Guillted into checking in by Kevin's post.

My work here is done.

wildchild

Carolyn

Roch, that breakfast sounds wonderful!

I got up at the crack of dawn and met a friend (and a friend of hers) for another long run up to the continental divide trail today.  16.5 miles, with a high point of 13,200 ft!   Absolutely gorgeous up there.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

WOW - Carolyn!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

A nice calm morning for a 50 mile bike ride around OKC. Humid & 75 at start, still humid & 90 when I finished at 10:30.

Paul

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It was a VERY busy weekend.  I managed 6.5 miles, today.

Debbie comes home, tomorrow, after visiting her family up north.  Then I get to fill her in on all of Eric's antics while she was gone.  I figured it was better to ruin her homecoming than her vacation.

Okay-- gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Another weekend slacker's running plans usurped by various weekend distractions including the annual Native Nations Powwow on Saturday with tribal chiefs from Alaska to North Dakota, more watching the sockeye salmon in the viewing windows down at the locks (with an early, much larger, king salmon too), getting all mixed up with Amazon's annual employee party blocking four blocks the way to my local camera store when they set it in the streets instead of at a local park this year followed by the Chinatown Seafair Festival, Japantown's Bon-odori dancing a mile walk up the street, . . . . all good practice for GS's arrival this week in time for Chinatown Parade, zoo, aquarium, Museum of Flight and Space, Science Center, Space Needle, Big Wheel ferris wheel on the waterfront, local skyscrapers, Mariners-Yankees, swimming in as many lakes as possible, . . . and whatever he wants to do for the next two weeks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Carolyn - awesome pics!

yesterday concluded our runs in the berkshires (western mass) with an afternoon at tanglewood with DB & SIL and 2 friends of theirs.  just a great w/e with the most luxurious airbnb we ever stayed at.  the w/e was topped off with the article below (warning shameless bragging)

http://epaper.bostonglobe.com/infinity/article_popover_share.aspx?guid=dd5719e8-0417-4887-b856-4112562b6c0a

off to new dig this morning,

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yeah, but did he mention RA?  Doesn't count.