Masters Running

Monday May 18 New Week Runs and Such (Read 459 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Janet, great run!! Your speed is fine! I keep repeating that to my friends I've roped into running. They keep comparing their times to that of their kids or husbands! I tell them to stop that, because it's not helpful! I had an awesome run today. More perfect running weather - 50 degrees, overcast, and breezy at 10:30 am. I'm going to get spoiled. I did an 8.3-mile loop from my house that sometimes discourages me because it's a little hilly. Today, though, it felt great, and I did it at 11:17 pace, which is good for me. I really think my boot camp is giving me more strength and endurance. This run was just plain fun! Off to make supper now. I was supposed to do some computer drafting today, but haven't gotten to it yet. Another late night, I guess!

Renee the dog

Black bears can be quite aggressive, especially with non-human creatures that they aren't a-scared of. But more to the point, my beagle would be absolutely fearless around a black bear... and would almost certainly provoke it.
      I lived for awhile in rural PA. Hardly a week went by that we didn't see a black bear within 20-25 ft. of one of us on our property. Not aggressive even with our dogs or any dogs. But, we didn't have any beagles up on the mountain. Coincidence? Hmmmm. Our lot wasn't aggressive or a-scared of people. I would say "non-plussed." One year, our neighbor had a whole chat with a bear out near his garbage cans which he thought was a neighbor from down the way dressed up for Halloween. (It was Halloween). Bear didn't answer, but didn't leave either. Big grin But this was a few houses in the woods, with plenty of room for all. If the environment changed, perhaps we'd have a different set of experiences.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I One year, our neighbor had a whole chat with a bear out near his garbage cans which he thought was a neighbor from down the way dressed up for Halloween. (It was Halloween).
        ^^^Funny stuff. Tall, I'm sending healing vibes your way 7.64, 1:05:34, 8:35 m/m. Still can't find my heart rate strap, still not sweatin' it. (Though the info-geek in me does like the numbers) Walt
          Starting fresh after 4 days off with my new Garmin and a bit of newly-found sproink. I always seem to forget just how exhausted I am during concert weeks. Easy 2.5 miles run and 2.0 walk today in almost perfect spring weather. Working toward consistently running 4x/week, so cutting distance on individual runs for a while. Hoping to catch up on the dailies over the next few days. Best, all, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Slo

I was playing with the duck tonight.

Marathon Maniac #957

You are forcing me into a position of revealing a persona I generally do not show in the masters area.
              Big grin Slo_Hand - cute duck! Mary - adorable puppy!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."