Masters Running

Christmas Day Runs and Eats (Read 332 times)

Merry Christmas all! Sorry to hear about the illness--none for us this year so far. Ran 5 or so on the trail today (frozen so the inch or so of rain we got yesterday wasn't a problem!) it was 23 deg. but sunny and no wind. A good day. Still didn't come close to running off the peanut butter balls and toffee (both chocolate covered Shocked ) AND the chilli cheese dip (can of Hormel Turkey chilli w/o beans with half cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese micro waved for a couple of minutes and eaten with Frito's Scoops or Tostitos... So very good, yet so VERY bad. Cry ) Got a couple pair of Brooks in my stocking and a $50 gift cert. from the in-laws from the local running store. Whoo-hoo! Hope everyone has a good weekend! Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Merry Christmas everyone too nice presents/gifts bikie. no particular reason evanalina but was your mother in the Swedish Club at West High, circa 59/60?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Feliz Navidad to all my friends. 6 sunny miles this afternoon while the ham was cooking in the oven. I hope each one of you had a blessed and joyful day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, everyone. Just the Hub, me, and our el gatos, so it's been very quiet. Except for the storm that's been coming in waves all day. Lots of hail, run, wind, and this morning, thunder and lightening.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

I hope all of your days are all you could hope for. sorry for so many sick. PDR... I'm glad you got to be with your dear old dad. Maine... ((((( ))))) thinking of you, your son & all your family today. no run, but 30 min. of prehab & 30 min. of the injured runner dvd. a run yesterday, don't think I posted. 4.36 at 9:51, 25min. on the elliptical. other stuff. Aamos.. yay for you & Dan & Pedey. can I take Frank on my run tomorrow??? Smile So nice to see too many to name right now that haven't been around!
            evanflein

no particular reason evanalina but was your mother in the Swedish Club at West High, circa 59/60?
              You talkin' to me? Heck no, she's the Norwegian in the family, and from Rochester MN high school... Holly, DS2 was sick last night, too. Didn't throw up, but spent some time on the side of the bathtub ready for it. Still didn't feel real well early this morning, but better this afternoon and up to the trip to my brother's for dinner with my family. Sort of enjoying having just teenage boys around here... DH and I had a nice leisurely morning then got the boys up around 10 for breakfast and presents. Ahhhh, that's more like it! I got some really nice RoadID things... blinky lights, ID band, reflective ankle bands, and a very nice new headlight that outshines my Petzel by far. You'd think DH was trying to get me off the treadmill or something! Was thinking of trying it out tonight but got busy cleaning stuff up and sorting through stuff. We have lots of stuff... 5.1 miles on the treadmill after breakfast and before making garlic mashed potatoes, spaghetti squash and salad for the dinner. We were running late, but I knew they wouldn't start without us... I was bringing most of the food!