Masters Running

Monday, September 25 daily (Read 39 times)

evanflein

ready to open the wine and enjoy a low-key evening.

marj

Hey! I just got back to work from lunch!

...LUNCH????........

..thanks marj//....I sent them an email on it, and hopefully will hear back..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Only 14 solo marathoners signed up and we had the lowest digit bibs.  And the RD knows me, she won the women's division of the marathon I was the RD for last April, so, out of kindness, she assigned me bib #1 !   Ha!  That's the closest I'll ever be to being Kenyan.  And, since I was so slow and most were done by the time I was finished, it also illustrated the ancient Biblical text that "The first shall be last".

Joe - nothing wrong with 14th place in a full marathon.

My best was 8th place in 1979 when two of the ten entrants dropped out.

schadenfreude - I think I was just glad it wasn’t me and not the “schadenfreude” (pleasure/self-satisfaction in the woes of others) featured on NPR’s “Hidden Brain” this weekend but thought it was odd when the hifalutin’ young couple from across the street took off in one of their four cars without putting out the recycle and refuse containers for weekly Monday pick-up and, . . . sure enough, they were back in about five minutes to correct the oversight.  

“Sure glad that’s never happened to me,” I was thinking after I confirmed to DW I had the office keys and started out on the morning’s five mile cycle-mute across the lake sparkling with brilliant sun under deepest, bluest skies in the world (sorry Colorado) for a sunning introduction to fall 2018, . . . until arrival thirty minutes later without any, yep, you guessed it, keys so got another fiver back right away for a perfect ten day, . . . at least weather-wise.
        POSIE! - two cat has three, three, three! goddesses making

his smoked salmon recipe dinner for him?

Please tell him to get well fast.  I feel a bad knee coming on.
        ps - you look different from running.

Was it being filmed for a tv show?

Tom - I glad you only have to confess to us. Smile

......quick question......

has anybody here who's not me had Hip Surgery??

if so

one year post-surgery, are you having any trouble getting to sleep??

....as a Frame of Reference,

If I had been captured by the KGB,

I would be signing confessions right now

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, had to have my permanent crown put in today so stayed overnight at home.  Got up in time for a nice 4.2 mile run at about an 8:20 pace.  Two days in a row I didn't use the knee brace.  Not paying for that yet either.  So good news.  After the dentist visit headed back to Montgomery.

PBJ, Chickamauga?  My first.  Well run event.  I've done it three times.  They now start/finish on the north side of the battlefield park.  Hilly.

Have a great night everyone!

Joe618

H

PBJ, Chickamauga?  My first.  Well run event.  I've done it three times.  They now start/finish on the north side of the battlefield park.  Hilly.

Have a great night everyone!

I enjoyed Chicamauga.   Here's my blog post on the race which I ran there in 2012.    The course was really enjoyable and thought provoking thorugh the battlefield.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

deez4boyz I hope they manage to get the gas lines all back up and flowing safely real soon. Having your house become a no go zone as winter approaches cannot be fun.

Mariposai went off for a looooong run, came back and then smoked a couple of pounds of salmon. She did an outstanding job. As expected, I should add. Even more impressive. . . Drum roll please . . . drum drum drum roll roll roll, she lifted the salmon off of the rack and none, none of the skin stuck to the rack!  My DW and I were stunned. In all the time I have smoked salmon that has never, ever, never, never happened! DW and I are thinking of flying Mariposai out whenever we smoke salmon in the future. It normally takes us forever (read several steal wool pads) to get all of the skin remnants off.

As for me, I did three laps on crutches around the deck. Impressive, no. [Editor: Actually, no. Quite pathetic in fact. This is a running forum. You have wildchild running up and down mountains every couple of days. You have Mike E blazing around at a 6 minute mile. Then there is evanflein who runs double digits while avoiding death by polar bear. Did I mention Falconfixer who goes off to save the world in the morning and then runs several miles after which he goes back out and saves the world again? Then . . .Twocat where is that sledgehammer when you need it? ]

[Editor: Did I mention tetsujin209 who runs a marathon barefoot(!) every weekend and Thwack ... Twocat heh, heh, found the sledgehammer.]

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

twocat - I resemble that.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone

who resembles the mariposai

smoked salmon part.

correction (with apologies to Colorado):

. . . deepest, bluest skies in the world (sorry Colorado),

well, at least until 8:30am or so when it started

getting hidden from all the mounting emissions

of the morning commute, trucks, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)