Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.17.18 (Read 42 times)

8 @ 8:02

Sad to say that it was 72 degrees in places today, some cooler spots in the upper 60's along my route (Bay Area microclimates can change every quarter mile).

Jay, your morning walks sound nice; no people out yet, snowing and quiet. I liked going snowshoeing when I lived in Colorado just for those reasons.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

bioguy

Hi all

School was delayed 2 hours then canceled. I went to my classroom anyway and got some lab materials prepped, then came home to some housecleaning.

Tonight my wife and I are going to a Social Security seminar; does this make me officially old?

Crappy 4 miler today. I'd have thought after a rest day yesterday I would be raring to go, but nothing in the tank plus slippery roads.

Oh well.

Tailwinds!

No run today, got home from work a little early and looked out the kitchen window and saw water pouring out of the pool house. Frozen water line! I guess my next project is going to be replacing all the lines in the pool house.

Sad to say that it was 72 degrees in places today, some cooler spots in the upper 60's along my route

I think you may have made a few enemies with this. 

Runrnut - That sounds like a fun time - not.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

No run today, got home from work a little early and looked out the kitchen window and saw water pouring out of the pool house. Frozen water line! I guess my next project is going to be replacing all the lines in the pool house.

Go with PEX, it doesn't crack even when it freezes solid.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, Snowpacalypse II happening now.  And temps are dropping (will be in the teens for us before wind chill).  Born in Pittsburgh, so I've seen much more snow, but we moved to Birmingham (AL, not MI) shortly after I started 7th grade.  I understand the frustration, but no longer share it.  When my mom (and grandmother) were still in Pittsburgh, I would visit during drill weekends (my first reserve unit was in Pittsburgh).  One Saturday night there was a snow storm....and plenty of plows, salt, etc to get it cleared quickly.  In Alabama (and several other places I've lived) we just don't have that (they aren't worth the cost).

Anyway, got 8.7 miles in the light rain...then light flurries.  Ran just over 4 miles with my ops group counterpart (his PT test is in two weeks).  Just over 4 miles for him, his longest run in a very long time...and he had a witness.  Not a bad pace either.

WRT books, on the fiction side I've finally been able to start my Christmas gift from 2016.....Christopher Tolkien takes The Lord of the Rings, pretty much chapter by chapter, and gives the story (with examples) of how his father got there.  Called The History of The Lord of the Rings.

Mike, nice start to the new gig!

Stay warm everyone!  (Except you Surly! )

Busy day today for me. Sorry, but no shout outs since I am barely posting this. On the good news front, my speech is getting better. I still lisp a bit. Also I get tongue tied somewhat when I have to engage in long spells of constant talking and talking in cold weather is a problem. Still, this is better than dying from tongue cancer! Despite my schedule today, I did get in an hour on the elliptical before the day started.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hey - I saw on the news this morning that Vikings apparel is flying off the shelves. And that they're selling "purple foam bricks" so that if the Vikings don't play well on Sunday, you have something to throw at your televisions? You could just borrow a cheesehead from Wisconsin. No one is using theirs right now   Anyway, good luck this weekend.

Those purple foam bricks have been around since the 70's, I think, and my family has used them often.  I am not buying any Vikings apparel because I refuse to get sucked into all the hysteria going on in this city.  I have been through this too many times.  Did I ever tell you how my meek and mild mannered mother smashed a dining room chair after that cheater Drew Pearson pushed off our defender and caught the first Hail Mary pass to win a divisional playoff game in 1975?  I've been though them all.  And I will not get sucked in.  I will not get sucked in.  I will not get sucked in.

I did 12 miles tonight with 10 being at tempo pace.  It was my first run outside in a while.  It felt so much better.

Okay--that's all I got...actually, I had more, but after I got all riled up thinking about that cheating Drew Pearson, I can't remember anything else I was going to say.  See ya!

TammyinGP

And I will not get sucked in.  I will not get sucked in.  I will not get sucked in.

be strong young mike padawan. the force of the purple people eaters is strong, it is.

3.2 miles for me.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

be strong young mike padawan. the force of the purple people eaters is strong, it is.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."