Masters Running

Fri Mar 7 Runs and Workouts (Read 528 times)

Cashmason

Arf, Glad to see you are still lurking and sometimes posting. My old late night posting buddy. Glad to see you are feeling well enough to run 30 again too. Thought I remembered that you were hurting the last time I heard from you. 17 miles running for me today. Leave for Tahoe for a week of skiing this weekend.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

doin' good - running lots....30 mile LR last weekend. Smile
      me too cm. ultra-arf and megadoce Shocked

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Good evening boomers! I took today off work and again on Monday, so i have a 4 day wknd. After I dropped my son off at school, I went for an 8 mile run with my friend, then came home, showered and headed over to my son's school to take some pics I needed for the yearbook. And today the school was visited by Cat in the Hat and Thing I and Thing 2, so it was a fun day to get some extra photos I need for the yearbook. Now my son is sleeping over at my parents and my husband is out of town. I don't know what to do! I'm not used to ever having so much quiet around here. I was thinking of renting a movie, but figured I'd just fall asleep. Tomorrow a.m. I'm getting up early and joining my running club for their Saturday a.m. runs. I would like to do 12 miles tomorrow. I think they generally break off into a few groups depending on pace and distance. I've never been able to join them on an early a.m. run like this before, so this will be fun. have a good night all! I might be in mirc chat later this evening if anyone is interested.

Tammy

“Roadrunner, The Coyote’s after you….Roadrunner, if he catches you you’re through….” I saw a roadrunner last night on the way to dinner at a phenomenal home in the mountains. Couldn’t get the tune out of my head during the run today.
          That coyote is really a crazy clown. When will he learn that you never can mow him down. 6 really easy miles this morning...10:54 pace. Tomorrow I'll be doing my first 25K. Beacon on the Bay in OKC. Plan to see wa5yom there. Was also looking forward to meeting pfriese, perhaps we can meet at the OKC memorial next month. Nice running and such to all masters today!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sheez, at first I thought that was me again tammee. oh it is me. have fun with your am 12 miler can you believe soundi is recommending 12.1 mile warm-up for a half! hope it doesn't negate my all my taperin' designed to get w/i 30 minutes of you recent half mary, . . . and finally turn the tables and get your shirt!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Poor little Road Runner never bothers anyone, Just runnin' down the road's his HER idea of having fun. Big grin waiting at BWI.....just rain here....home soon CNY

GreenMan

Today's 4 felt better than yesterday's 8. May have turn the corner on the remnants of the crud. We'll see how the weekend goes jjj Bud lites on the road what a mixed blessing
                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                seemomgo

Late posting for me - but I finally got a short treadmill run in tonight. Too much to do during the day to get out and enjoy the fresh air - 3.5 - 30:02 2% incline. Goodnight all!
                  TammyinGP

sheez, at first I thought that was me again tammee. oh it is me. have fun with your am 12 miler can you believe soundi is recommending 12.1 mile warm-up for a half! hope it doesn't negate my all my taperin' designed to get w/i 30 minutes of you recent half mary, . . . and finally turn the tables and get your shirt!
                    {sigh} we did not get shirts for our half marathon. small town, low cost, low budget. Not like you big city folks up there.

Tammy

Well, I managed to get up before dawn and meet my friend at 6:30 AM for a 5k run/walk. There was an ambulance down by the lake when I pulled into the parking lot and I was hoping that was not a preview of things to come. My friend is quite a bit taller than me - who am I kidding: everyone is taller than me - and I had to run pretty quickly to keep up with her long strides. Gave me quite the workout. Needless to say, I survived my early morning run and felt pretty energized when I started work at 8:30. I'm just now getting home. I worked all day and met a friend for a fabulous Indian dinner. Really amazing food and I really needed to eat because the single granola bar I had a 9 AM had worn off about noon and I was really hungry. Ah, tummy's full, I'm really tired from and extraordinarily overbooked week and I will work every day until next Friday. That's 11 days of work in a row! WooHoo. More running and maybe some biking scheduled for the weekend. I've got a pace bunny I'm finally starting to gain on. btb - No, I am definitely not a morning person, unless by morning you mean some time after 9 am. Big grin
                      Have you got a flag?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

{sigh} we did not get shirts for our half marathon. small town, low cost, low budget. Not like you big city folks up there.
                        that's okay, you're lucky as with boxes and boxes of 'em, I wish we had more more economical, no-t-shirt events too. However, with you havin' no t-shirt to give up though, in case my currently getting tired just walking up a flight of stairs does let me be more than 30 minutes slower than you in your half-mary-for-training rrun last month, you might just have to take something else off, . . . e.g. shoes and do a couple of barefoot laps around the Hayward Field Track together. Smile