Masters Running

12/1/19 Last month of 2019! (Read 46 times)

Joe618

Tet, you crack me up!!    TWO ever sub-freezing runs??   But now only one??!!!!    Good for you!  Can't fathom that fact!!! 

Congrats on finishing the HM and getting home so soon!!   Look forward to hearing more about how the race went and interesting things you saw/heard/conversed about.   

{note...doing the math...did you mean an aggregate 14:01 pace, not a 13:01?}

Well done!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, you crack me up!!    TWO ever sub-freezing runs??   But now only one??!!!!    Good for you!  Can't fathom that fact!!! 

Congrats on finishing the HM and getting home so soon!!   Look forward to hearing more about how the race went and interesting things you saw/heard/conversed about.   

{note...doing the math...did you mean an aggregate 14:01 pace, not a 13:01?}

Well done!

Joe - thanks.  I corrected but it was a 2:50:30, not 3:50:30 as I typo'ed in in a hurry to the bath tub.

As a skier who ran a first marathon in 1977 when the ski season was pretty much rained out, I still don't associate winter with running and,  yep, the only time I've ever run in a race or not was the 2005 Christmas Marathon and, nope, I didn't wear tights, . . . but kind of wished I would have.

there were photogs all over the place so I'll get into the RR's when they are out.

do you think I'd get MikeE worried if I typo'ed it was 26.2 miles instead of 13.1?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

LOL, tet.  Good race!  You make me cold just thinking about it!  Holly- hope you are back to normal.    Bad sports weekend for me capped off with the Eagles losing to a bad Miami team.    Jay- excellent race and award.  I bet the guy with the dog was amazed.  You do us proud!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Nice job, tet!  Yeah...I may have questioned that typo.  By the way...did you ski barefoot, too?

I love your stories about beating runners--and dogs--while racewalking Jay.

No, Starr--still no snowblower.  I'm getting really tired of shoveling.  I hope you didn't watch the Minnesota-Wisconsin game...

Training for a marathon in the winter really is challenging.  I had to do my "long" run on the treadmill, yesterday and I'll, probably, have to do my speed work it, tomorrow.  The long run was only 10 miles but done at a 7:18 pace.  I can hole that pace on the road but, on the treadmill, I start grabbing onto the bar after about 6 miles, or so.

Shoot--Debbie is calling me for dinner...or is it supper--gotta go.  See ya!  Oh...got in 6 miles, today...on the treadmill.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, back in the Montgomery area.  Not too bad a drive....other than a crown coming off <eye roll>.  I'll see if my dentist in Florence has anyone he recommends here to at least temp glue it back on (at least I still have it!).  Before I left I did get in another 1.9 with DW's pups (DS#2 came along) and then an 8 mile run at about a 9 min/mile pace.

Holly, I hope you're already feeling better!

Jay, great job on the impromptu 5k!

Tet, congratulations on a very nice half!  Typo'd in a hurry TO the tub....or in the tub? 

Bioguy, that was me (Auburn - Alabama).  For my money the most "hateful" rivalry (sorry Ohio State - Michigan) in college football.  There's always a LOT of hard hitting and this year was no exception.  Some years those hits are called, sometimes not as much.  A bit more extracurricular than typical though.

TwoCat, safe travels!

MikeE, I'm afraid you may have to get used to the TM...

Heck, even the Steelers pulled off a win over the Browns.  I had them in my "pick 'em" pool (former coworkers, bragging rights only) and I took them just on muscle memory.

Made some red beans and rice (mostly healthy heart...other than the andouille and ham) and will go now get a bit more.

Have a greta night everyone!

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, any miles on a treadmill count double!  Well done.

Tet, nice HM and at a faster-than-hoped-for pace!

Jay, congrats on 1st AG - that's really speedy, especially for a hilly course!

Holly, bummer that you and your DH got sick, especially over a holiday weekend!  At least you got to enjoy dinner with your guests.

I went down to Denver to DD and DSIL's apartment for Thanksgiving.  DSIL had his parents and sister visiting, and we had a great time, talking, eating, and playing games.  His family is way into games, and they're all very competitive.  I lost just to make them feel better...      My DH didn't feel up to all the social time, so he stayed home; plus, he didn't want to catch any bugs that anyone might have, since his immune system is compromised.

I decided to re-start doing yoga regularly.  Yesterday would have been day 2 of a 90-day program, but we had a power failure all day, so I did day 2 today.  Nothing like missing day 2 of a streak.   It was so windy out yesterday that I just ran up and down my stairs 20 times (2 flights of stairs).  Today it was nice out, high 30s and sunny, and I ran/walked 3 miles out on the snowy dirt roads, with screw shoes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Joe618

So many numbers, Tet, including temperatures!!   Congrats on the sub 3 in the cold temps!!

Mike, you've prepared for marathons in the Twin City winters before...be brave.  Hope your work goes well this week, man. 

Jay, how spontaneous!!   Well done on a hilly 5K in the same time as a flat 5K!   Doggone it, you do well!! 

Wildchild, good on you...and you remind me to get my screw shoes set up for another winter...I have the pair identified but haven't installed the screws yet.

Ab work just done...feels good. 

Have a good evening all. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

Lots going on here on the last day of a 4 day weekend (for many). Holly, that's not the flu. Remember what Joe went through; THAT's the flu. Sounds like a noravirus, which can be like a bad cold and/or stomach issues, generally making you feel very lousy and sick. Very contagious. Check with your guests in a day or two to see how they're doing. Hope you all recover well!

Well done, Tet! Always nice when you can beat what you thought you'd do. Not sure I'd call that a "goal" since you don't really do those, but still. Yay!

Got in a real "long'ish" run today! I'm calling anything double digits these days a long run, and today I needed just under 12 miles for a 40 mile week. There were several times I thought I'd bail at 6, maybe 8, then 10 miles... but I kept on although with lots of stops that were annoying. BUT, got 12.1 miles for 40.7 for the week. Not enough to save my pathetic November mileage, but at least got December off to a good start.

We've had so much snow it's ridiculous. Way over our 13" November average. And more expected this week. Lovely. I see more treadmill miles in my future, especially with a forecast "high" of -14° on Thursday. That would be our coldest temps so far this winter if it happens, which alone is very strange (we should have many below -20 days/nights so far on a normal year).

SteveP

Bio Guy, Nice grandkid cross training.

Tom White, I tell the new hires that they only get one back. take care of it. UGH.

Yay Two Cat!!!

Coastwalker, nice pushing through for the AG!

Tet, love the sub three!!!!!!

WildChild, it's so nice to rear you.

I got back from working on dad's house.Lesson I'm taking away: Don't collect stuff.  I did random price checks on his limited edition new in box purchases. Most of them are selling for less than what he paid.

I spent less than an hour of the gulf. I still got a fair share of running in.

Sunday, I got a mile and a half on the driveway moving snow.

Dunkin picked up a dog toy and we played an ever so gentle tug of war!!

I finished the season's 1st batch of reindeer food.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)