Masters Running

Wintry West Coast Wonderland - Sunday (12/08) (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie – great to hear from you and I will send up a prayer for your MIL.

Tramps – great HM!  And your neighbor’s story is quite moving….really puts things in perspective….

Cranium – well done to you and the kids!

Deez – nice racing!

TomWhite – looking forward to it!

Enke – kudos!

I slept in too late today to get in a decent LR before church (actually debated going to church so I could run longer before I reeled my foolishness in), so I ran 9.2 miles this morning, then 3.1 miles this afternoon to make 12.3 miles for the day.

After church we went to Trader Joe’s and put together a fun basket of snacks, grains and coffees to send my health-conscious in-laws in Wyoming for Christmas.  Hopefully MIL will allow FIL to eat the dark chocolate mint stars…...

This evening DD helped me make my Christmas tradition of English Toffee.  I love that she wants to help me, and it makes it so much more meaningful.  I will box these up as Christmas presents for my co-workers, and make another batch next weekend for us.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice relay Deez.

Typing while waiting to deaprt from Logan waiting for the snow in Philly to subside enough that my 6:30 flight can leave only 4hours late. Fortunately I only have an hour drive after I land. Roll eyes

7.5 miles this morning.  9:03 pace is the fastest, longest in as long as i can remember  .

Have i mentioned  that i really dislike typing on my phone?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Enke, nice work! I'd be afraid to even try that... Remi sounds like my old Cheyenne who used to bring things home like other dogs' dishes, a ski boot, Rubbermaid storage boxes, etc. I have no idea where she found that stuff and we never did find out who the ski boot belonged to.

Tramps, that is so sad about your neighbor. What an awful run in with fate. I agree with Dave though, I don't know that I'd be so positive about it, but who knows. I do admire those who stay strong in their faith when tested so severely (Fatozzig is like this too). I hope he continues to improve. (Good HM for you!)

Hi Craneium! Wonderful 5k trailer you made!

deez, you are getting speedy, grrl! Nice relay leg for you!

Leslie, hugs, prayers and best wishes for your dad with his back and your MIL with her hip.

While you guys are shivering in the cold, we're enjoying downright balmy temps around 30°! It was so foggy and overcast today though it never really got light, in contrast to yesterday's nice sunshine. It looks like it might start snowing tonight, and I just hope it stays as snow and doesn't rain.

11.3 hilly miles on ice-crusted roads and bikepaths this afternoon, a good run with lots of hills and no slips/falls. Always a plus!

Mike E

MM #5615

I was going to say almost everything Erika said...

It warmed up to 9 degrees but I decided to run on the treadmill again.  I did my prerun stuff that I do, went up stairs to pee one more time and...the power went out.  I don't know about everybody else's treadmills, but mine needs electricity to work.  About that time Ryan called and said that he was just about home, so I waited for him and the two of us went out for a nice little 6 miler in the snow.  The power was still out when we got home so we stretched out, ate a bowl of cereal, and the power came on just in time to take a shower, climb in bed, and post this message.

Okay--that's it from me, tonight.  See you tomorrow!

Early 7 miler for me this morning...21 degrees...brrrr...

Nice AG placing Tramps...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            Mariposai

9.5 mile leg for my Mill Cities Relay team - 1:17:52 for an 8:10 avg pace, then a .5 mile cool-down -- very happy with that push today!!

Love doing relay races - our running group had 12 teams entered and the team spirit was in full gear.  Mill Cities is 26.2 miles, 5 legs and is only open by invitation to running clubs (of which there are many invited) - so fun!!

I love doing relay races as well!

Craneium, great job!

Tramps, thanks for sharing such a moving story. I will keep your neighbor in my prayers. Please keep us posted on his progress!

Mustang Sally, your frolic dates with your runs will make you fast come May!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

It warmed up to 9 degrees

That is a contradiction in terms...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."