Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 10.8.17 (Read 42 times)

mrrun

Henrun forgot to mention my DD, GS1 and GD1 also ran (another 3 generations race) - all came in before me. GS1 upset because DD beat him for the 'first' time.  He's fast in xc - but it's only a mile.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Put on the honored 2015 Portland Marathon

t-shirt for three miles as morning showers

gave way to moon and sun again.

GS1 upset because DD beat him for the 'first' time.  He's fast in xc - but it's only a mile.

me too marj.  Fortunately, I'm not that competitive a person so never got upset when my sister who is 106 days and 13hr/8min younger than me always used to beat me in the kids' Fourth-of-July races in those days.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with not liking running very much for so long.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Fortunately, I'm not that competitive a person so never got upset when my sister who is 106 days and 13hr/8min younger than me 

lol!!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

well, make that one year + 106 days/13hr/8min, . . . but I'm still not that competitive

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations to Holly and Erika!  I snuck a peek at the results, too...very nice job!

And nice racing to Henry, Maj, and their families!

I went 5.8 miles, today...nice and easy.

Okay--I'd better get going.  I've had a headache all day and I don't think staring at a computer screen does it any good.  See ya!

spacityrunner

8.2 hot and hard mountain miles in the blazing heat of the day. Did I mention it was hot!  Tammy ran circles around me. She is a beast.   Having a blast with her. Ice cream may be involved 😂🏃🏻🐈☕️🍦

Trails Rock!

It has been so long between posts for me feel like a stranger here. I wanted to pop into say hi and welcome the new people.  This is a great place to hang out. I am not a great runner but have kept up with it for 13 years now so that is something. SW MN has been my home for 61 years and I look forward to retiring in a year or so. I work in customer service/billing at the Public Utilities Office.

Today I ran around the lake for the first time in a couple of weeks. Actually I stopped at mile 3 and got a tour of the house (Cabin) that my mom and dad owned for years before I was even born. We actually lived there for a year to decide if we should buy it. With only one bathroom and two small bedrooms it was too small for family gatherings. The new owners have done a lot of work there and really enjoy being on the lake.  We enjoy the house we have now on the south side of the lake.

I do have some good news to share. You remember last summer when MrStarr had that severe depression and anxiety? Well, I would say he is completely back to his usual self. That has definitely changed my mood as well.  I noticed some positive changes in him when I got back from a 10 day trip and He keeps getting better and better. I know that prayers are powerful along with medication and time. I am so grateful to have him well again and pray that his healing will continue.

I hope to get get caught up on some of the dailies that I missed. Work has been busy since my coworker found out she has kidney cancer. She had surgery six weeks ago and is back working, sort of. She has a long road ahead of her and I sure don't mind picking up her duties.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Sorry to be late in posting. Fall weather is here and my sweetie and I decided to take the most of the weather and just be and enjoy life.

Congrats to the great racers this weekend. You MUST feel so proud of yourself for being able to cover the miles. You are my HERO.

My butterfly wings took me to  7 miles today. Gorgeous weather. I enjoyed every second that it took to cover each mile.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I am actually posting here on Monday so technically I am posting in the wrong daily and should start the Monday thread. My DW and I arrived at our hotel after "only" 30 hours door-to-door. We were are beat. But until a few minutes ago we both managed to stay up to help get ourselves adjusted to the time zone. Then we had a late lunch and DW passed out. I am struggling to avoid the same fate, but I fear that I do not have long.

I too saw the results of the race evanflein and Holly S. ran and they are two very remarkable runners! As expected it was a tough day to run a marathon.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/