Masters Running

Friday May 8---time to get moving! (Read 545 times)

Just found out that my rehearsal tonight is cancelled, so I don't have to drive to the shore in weekend traffic AND I GET TO GO RUNNING TONIGHT! Big grinBig grinBig grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Leslie - sorry about the AT and shins. High heels do that to me too - which is why I culled most if not all of my shoes with heels when we moved a couple of years ago. The trail run Saturday is 5.5 miles. Another trail race scheduled for the last Friday of the month - 7.4 miles. The Saturday race is a new one for me - the Salmon River Run - should be interesting. dg - way cool HRM - have fun with it (sounds like you already are ;-). Doug - nice to hear that the med switch has made a positive difference for you - hope it continues. I'm watching Rachel Ray make almond-crusted french toast, and it's making me hungry. Must be lunch time.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Stevie Ray's head}}} Meg - glad you're back, and back on your feet.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim - I use a 2x4 to prop up the front of my bike. Big grin
          The book holding the front of my bike up is my College English Book....my English Teacher would be proud Roll eyes Hey Holly....I will run East tomorrow - you run West...and we will meet in somewhere in the middle Smile Geez, did you see how windy it's suppose to be tomorrow - up to 35 mph. I hate running with winds like that, especially when we both are running 20 milers, and trying for some quality MP miles....fun fun TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Slo

Wind forecast http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/ Here's a cool site to get current and forecasted windspeeds, gust and direction. Select your state. Once that loads just cursor over the time of day you want to see and there's your forcast. I use this alot to plan our bike routes. Speaking of which......I use a 2x4 as well, or 2, or to, or two, or too. Also

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim – I’ll be done with my run by 9am (DD has a soccer game) and the windy stuff is not supposed to get here until later, more like lunchtime, so hopefully it won’t be a bother. I just now called my DH at work and told him, “I want a chin-up bar. My upper body is turning into mush.” We had one at our old house, but left it when we moved, and last week when I tried to do a chin-up at the playground (with DD), I couldn’t even do ONE! Angry DH, bless his heart, didn’t miss a beat. “We’ll go right over to Dick’s tomorrow and get one.” I love that man. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Holly--there you go again--asking for all those frilly girly things Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Big grin Big grin

Top 'O the World!

See Holly, I have one of those Iron Gym bars....goes with me.... Wink
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Just a quick note. I was out carbo loading at my favorite Italian place with my familly tonight and just before dinner arrived my Daughter inlaws water broke and her contractions quickly got to 3 minutes apart so off to the hospital. My wife and I came back home to pick up their car and then we will see how long of a night we have coming. We are very lucky my son just got home from Qutar on Tuesday. I did do my packet pick up for my race tomorrow but in order for me to get there in time tomorrow I need to leave around 4am. I am not sure I will make it but will give it a try if I can. We are very excited its my first grandbaby ! Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Top 'O the World!

Oh Kewl!!! How exciting! Good Luck!!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #3309

(smiles Larry) that is great news. I have a date tomorrow night, so I spent tonight X training - wire brushing my bathroom - on my hands and knees on my kitchen floor - dusting - drinking beer - hoping like hell I didn't do this for nothing, LOL We are going out for dinner and drinks, and then watching the Nascar race tomorrow night at my place...please make it a boring race for goodness sakes...hehe. Oh yeah, 3 mile easy run too when I got home from work tonight, Then carbo loaded for my 20 plus miler in the am...23 miles I feel with 15 at MP (it's go time) TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Go for it, Tim. And good job on the cleaning. If she's worth your while, she'll notice!
                            SteveP

Yeah Larry!!!!!!

SteveP