Masters Running

Saturday' Daily, 11.25.17 (Read 36 times)

. . . a congenital issue that requires me to get in a lot of salt to keep my nervous system firing properly. A year and a half ago my cardiologist said that I had to drastically increase my salt intake. So I started drinking a Nuun each morning. During my last visit the cardiologist assigned to me that day asked what I was doing about salt. Told her about the Nuun. All she did was point her thumb up, raise her fist a few times and say up it a lot. So now I drink two Nuun's a day and take a salt tablet after a workout.

I have to say, that's one of the strangest things I've ever heard.  The Hub is quite jealous, BTW.  He has to limit his salt intake.

Jay - Picture of the shed?

Love the story about the MoonPie!  I discovered them as a kid on one of our many trips to Taft to visit my dad's DS and her family.  There was a small store about 4 blocks from their house where we got to go buy a treat once in awhile.  I discovered the MoonPie and Oh! My!

I keep thinking I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow . . . and then I remember I still have one more day off!

An hour of core/ST this a.m. and used my agility ladder for the first time.  Bought it months ago and haven't been able to use it 'til now.  Reinforced that I need to really work on single leg strength. I always forget about single leg squats.  Need to pin up a reminder in my workout shed.

When my dad died two years ago, I commandeered some ceramic Christmas ornaments my mom had painted when I was a kid, including a nativity scene  They've come out this year, probably for the first time since my mom died 27 years ago.  My mom and I did a lot of ceramic painting together.  Brings back some good memories.

Okay - I need to go make some brown sugar, brewers yeast, and butter-encrusted popcorn.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

• We have a MoonPie race here in middle Tennessee in June.  10 hot miles with a MoonPie festival at the end.  MoonPies were created in Chattanooga.  

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

• We have a MoonPie race here in middle Tennessee in June.  

You had me until I read "Tennessee" and "June."

The Hub is extremely unhappy.  Two of the games he wanted to watch this evening - the channels went off the air this morning for some unknown reason.  He wasn't going to go to church tonight because of the games.  . . . Divine Intervention?? 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I've been doing some beginner yoga online workouts with my DD the last 3 days, and hope to keep it up when she goes home tomorrow...

Some friends were planning a group trail run at 8am today, but I didn't want to start that early, so I went a bit later and ran the loop the other direction, so I met them partway around.  I ended up running 7.5 miles with them and 9 more on my own, for 16.5 total.  Gorgeous day, warm and sunny and breezy.

Not sure if I can do single leg squats!  Guess I should give it a try?

Quickadder, pfriese and deez4boyz I wish the local running group here was as friendly as yours. They all go out like the road is on fire. But at all different paces. Meaning none of them run together! Why bother meeting up at 8am on a Saturday just to run by yourself? Not to mention the $50 in annual dues they have to pay.

I agree, Twocat!  I love my current running groups - almost all women, and we stick together.  Some groups I've tried to run with in the past take off and leave me in the dust!  But none of the groups here have annual dues - that sounds weird!  Is that common?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

I love Moon Pies but with a Dr Pepper and not an RC. Yeah that's how i roll.

I guess the phantom of the 12 mile dreadmill is reall. Noted.

Kiddo and I ran Footlocker Midwest today in Kenosha. He didn't do as well as he wanted. He's in 16 shape but seems stuck. I can't help since I don't know what I'm doing but will get him with my roommate from college who was a 14low guy. How it helps. Feels odd not being able tondo anything of note. In other news I ran Sub 23 so I was happy. That's 3 races in 6 days and I ran well mostly.

Back tongue trails tomorrow.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

It sure is hard to pop in here one day and try to figure out what you guys are talking about. Kinda like Jeopardy.  I gather that twocat's 12 mile run was missed on Jay's recap. So glad that that's fixed. I admit that I sometimes go for a run just so I can make his list.

My running has been on hold for a while but I was out on Thanksgiving and today. Just 2 1/2 miles each time and did slow to a walk, mostly because I was too hot.  We hit 63° yesterday, perhaps a record. MrStarr and I spent the day shopping in Sioux Falls. The carpenters started our basement remodel on Monday and the electrician said it would be helpful to have the TV so he could wire correctly.  I know very little about the technology of TV's and wireless devices. The TV we got has a pretty sweet remote and an awesome picture though.  At the end of the day the car was full and I had to hold some stuff on my lap, sheesh!  Some of it was paper towels and tp so that took up a bit of room.

Just want you all to know that I miss seeing you all here.  Work has been crazy busy lately. I will pop in more often.

Gotta go watch the Wild make a comeback in the game....

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Back tongue trails tomorrow.

Ok, I'm going to assume C-R was posting from his phone or an iPad or something... don't know what to do with this. Sorry the kiddo didn't have the run he wanted, maybe just needs a little extra coaching to reach his goal? Nice racing for you!

Moon Pies...  Not sure what those are. Had to Google it. Sorry, sounds kind of blecky...

There's a group here that runs every Wednesday night all winter, the "Farenheit be Damned" or FBD runs. I'd do them but they start pretty late, like at 5:30 or 5:45 and I'd rather be wrapping my run up by that time (or earlier). But I hear they're very accommodating of all paces. There used to be a trail run group here in the summer, and they advertised themselves as taking the trails at an easy pace, usually in the 7:30 range. Well hell, that won't work for road running for me much less trails! So... I run alone.

Today I almost bailed on a run entirely, but glad I didn't. Got in 7.1 miles on the treadmill and it was ok. Cranked through three "Planet Money" podcasts and part of something else so the time went pretty well. I really like those podcasts, they're interesting and done very well. One of these days I might play music again. It's -10° outside now and dropping to -18° apparently. Tomorrow's high is around zero or -1 or -2, in that range. Haven't decided if I'll run outside or not, getting a wee bit tired of the treadmill thing.

C-R

Guilty as charged from phone. Autofill makes life so much more interesting. Should have said Back to the trails tomorrow.

Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You had me until I read "Tennessee" and "June."

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....