Masters Running

Thursday July 20 (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

No run for me today, just 45 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

75F

Started out running with Bill, Bob, Ralph, Carol, Jane, and Sonya. I decided to start walking just past one mile. Bob and Bill decided to walk with me. We had a great walk and talk!

Got all my steps in (Garmin Vivofit) and today was well over double my goal.

Nice to see BTY.  I had forgotten all about that discus thrower!  Me in high school: Biggest half miler and smallest discus thrower.

Love seeing SpaCity here. She is why I returned. We had such a blast when we met in Arkansas. What a gracious host! We still need to reciprocate. My schedule is not so conducive...

PBJ. I had no idea. How are you now? Share what you will.

Also, I sure hope a Johnson Controls HVAC unit was dropped into your building... DD gets commission on those...

If you remember, Sparky was totaled saving Blaine from harm in a chain reaction car wreck on 01 July.  We test drove a gazillion cars and SUV's.  Guess what the rs wanted?  Yep.  Sparky 2.0.  2017 Prius 4 touring. Candy Apple red. Original Sparky was a 2010 Prius 2. Tomato Red. We upgraded. Since everyone is out of college now. Hee hee hee.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

BTY

My name is Lianne.  I posted an intro in the Intro thread.  I guess this is where everyone talks about their fitness plans for the day.

Welcome to the Masters Forum.  I'm returning after an absence of many years.  These, my running friends, were so encouraging over the years that I posted here regularly, it must be 5 to 10 years ago now.

No running for me today, either.  I walked 4 miles at lunch.  My original goal was 56:00 or faster - a 14:00/mi pace, but went out too slowly, particularly over the last part of mile 1 and all of mile 2 .  But I was faster than 14:00 pace on the way back in, covering the last two in 27:55. Splits were 14:04 / 14:16 / 14:05 / 13:50. (I think  I have 3 and 4 correct).  Not many runners in Albany NY today with that heat and humidity.

Gym workout early this morning was stretching, then dumbbells and cables for chest, shoulders, and triceps; then a lot more stretching.

(Ignoring the note that Rosie forgot all about me).

mrrun

Running a 5k in 90+ HHH just isn't fun - about 1 minute slower then usual for both of us.  clothes are still drippy I got a 2 & henrun got 3 in AG.  gorgeous sunset after the race almost made it worthwhile!

marj

mta:  welcome lianne  & welcome back bty

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Running a 5k in 90+ HHH just isn't fun - about 1 minute slower then usual for both of us.  clothes are still drippy I got a 2 & henrun got 3 in AG.  gorgeous sunset after the race almost made it worthwhile!

marj

mta:  welcome lianne  & welcome back bty

Every sunset is worth it!

Welcome Lianne!

Oops. Sorry bty. I am glad you are back.  I remember reading your stories about upstate NY.

Also. I want to say hi to Mariposai.  I always enjoy reading about your adventures.

Less than a week til Juneau!  We are looking forward to cooler climes.

"Feels like" over 100 today.

Also. Beware. I got a new chromebook.  I can type like a madwoman. So much better than typing on my phone.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

evanflein

Welcome Lianne! It's always so fun when new folks join us! Please stay and I'll go read your intro.

I remember BTY but admit I forgot about the discus throwing. Welcome back and yes, it's all about adapting to what we can do with aging bodies, jobs, family, weather and whatnot. I find that "whatnot" really gets to me sometimes.

PBJ, so sorry to hear that. Life is fleeting, and can be taken from us so quickly. And hey, I'm so glad you're posting here again.

Sure wish I could go to Juneau to see you guys, Rosie! But, not a "quick trip" from here and not in the cards.

Woke up to rain today and thought WTH? That wasn't in the forecast! But it cleared up and was good and warm by the time I got out for my run at 1:30. 5.4 miles at a nice easy pace on tired legs. I've got a couple more days to recover and be ready for the Gold Discover Run on Sunday, which is 16.3 miles of trails and hills, emphasis on the down part of those hills.