Masters Running

Monday, June 28th Daily Runs (Read 659 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

totally SHOCKING Behaviour holly//.........who would do that at a race????

Later in the afternoon she went into her boat cabin to shower and came out wearing only a feather boa and a hat.  She posed for pictures that way for the men who stood, in a gathering group, on the dock nearby.  She and her husband (a tattooed Kid Rock type who was playing grab-a$$ with every woman who walked by him on the dock) apparently owned that HUGE expensive boat and partied there at Put-in-Bay regularly.  I kept thinking, “how do people like THAT own a boat like THAT?”

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, glad you had a good time, but "that woman" is reminding me of Sturgis, our local Harley festival in August.  I am not a fan, and women flashing is just part of the whole millieu.  Noisy bikes, drunks, etc.  yecch. 

What's this about a PR for SRL???  MOre info, please!

must dash........back later....belated congrats for another stellar race, CNY!

yes, what's the latest from Leslie, our singing trailer??

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

I look my best blurry!

You guys are terrible!  Shame shame!  Holly was an innocent victim of that woman's atrocious behavior.  I will be at the beach and then boating in NC on Lake Norman.  I hope my husband isn't subject to any such nonsense.

Mariposai- I need to sit by a campfire soon.   I've got all the fixins but I just need to find the time!

Vista- Did you really do that?  Wow, it must be hot.  Humid and dreary here today.   

evanflein- Just wondering what your pre-race workouts will be.  Good luck on Thursday!

30 marathons.  OMGoodness!  Congrats Divechief!  

CNYrunner- as always!  You rock!

Another fairly easy 6 for me today and 4.5 on my UE bike.  

My DS had yet another doctors appt today. He is going to need plastic surgery when he is done growing but he looks 'OK' for now.  Foolish child.

I'm making a berry compote with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries for ice cream, angel food cake, waffles or whatever.  Yum!    My best friend from high school is coming to spend the night with her 3 boys.  

Happy day!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

totally SHOCKING Behaviour holly//.........who would do that at a race????

....and EGH's right. we need pictures......

it's tougher

to be Shocked without pictures...........

TW--despite Pickle's best intentions, you still show promise.....

No run for me either yesterday or today, mostly due to a really stiff neck that I don't think I can blame on my race. .

but I do have a question--weren't we able to just paste a picture into the reply?  thatis, not post it on line and then insert a link?  I tried over the weekend and today and no such luck.  Guess I need a refresher course on pictures.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

stumpy......I think something is wrong with the picture thing because I spent 45 minutes last night trying to post a picture and nothing would work.   Thanks for saying you are having trouble too, as I thought I was missing something.

Vista
            dg.

how about messages?  I've tried a few times lately, and haven't been able to 'send'.  (seems I wrote to enke, erika, & aamos.  wonder what I wrote..;-) )  

Hi!    sorry, behind again.  

Holly, thanks.  Smile.   I'm glad you had fun!  no pictures is ok with me.  ;-).    We went to Put-in Bay a few times, once was really kind of cool because our neighbors spent the summer at the lighthouse, so we spent time with them there.

Sue I'm glad to see you!

Perch, you too!

will stop for now.  no run today, but this morning I did some pt exercises, & picked black raspberries.  I love summer.

mta, Kristen, yum!  have fun.

Dave59

If it was common to hit the triple digits around here (or even 90's), I would free up some cash flow and join a gym to run on the treadmills.

3 easy miles this morning for me.  The rest of the week is supposed to be 45-50 in the morning and 70 for a high.  Sounds good to me. 

I look my best blurry!

This post is useless without pictures, too. 

Let's see it!

I'm making a berry compote with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries for ice cream, angel food cake, waffles or whatever.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Once peaches come in I like to make a Peach and Mixed Berry Grunt (I know, I know, but that's what it is called) where you simmer peaches and berries, and  poach shortbread dumplings while the whole thing cooks.....really, really good.

Another run this afternoon, 6.2, still hot, still humid.

Nice running, Karin!

And SLO, I think you have plenty of HTFU. You are just wise enough to use it with discretion.

lamerunner

Belated greetings.  Just another Monday... Gave my legs a rest today and just swam 1500 yards. felt good. 

Warm and absurdly humid here today, not a bad day to not run.

Holly, that sounds like the shenagins at motorcycle week, which thankfully has ended.

No berry compotes here, just trying to figure out dinner. Leaving the office would be  a good start. Kids are off gallavanting though.

Good runs and dry air to all!

Renee the dog

No test run today. My leg felt very bad while dragging 2 carts off the beach today.   Test run will maybe go off tomorrow.  Good news is that it was in my soleus, hurt like hell, but now it does not.   Maybe, oh maybe, it is working it's way out!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Hey Walt, I know "grunt," it's sort of like a buckle, right? I make blueberry buckle all the time in late summer. A type of coffee cake, and grunt is like a cobbler, but I couldn't define the differences. No matter. They're all yummy!!

No run today. Not much of anything, really. Now I need to get to bed before midnight and call it a good night.