Masters Running

Master Runners Introductions! (Read 228 times)

TammyinGP

Welcome Anne!! Great to have you here.

Tammy

Joe618

Hi folks, can I join in??

Paul (pfriese) pointed me to this group...he and I are on the same 2018 in 2018 team.  

I'm Joe, I live in West Lafayette, Indiana and ran from the late 70s to the late 80s, then was off until 2004 and have been running year round since.  I just finished my 81st marathon a month ago, like road races, trail races and ultras.   After 6 serious but failed efforts, I finally qualified for Boston last November at the Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis, with a 3:59:11, which beat my BQ time of 4:10 (since I'll be 65 for Boston 2019).

I'm married, quite happily, for 43 years now.   We have three grown sons who are each married, with a total of four and a half grandkids.  I'm still working, though may retire in a couple of years...we'll see how things go.   I like my job...I'm responsible for manufacturing at a medical device company.

Besides running, I really enjoy baseball, English Premier League Football and being part of our church community.

If you want to know a bit more about me, you can read my race report from the really cool and unique marathon I ran in the Nebraska Sandhills on June 2.

Look forward to the dailies with you all!!

Thanks

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Quickadder

Welcome Joe. You'll fit right in in this forum. Look forward to seeing you contribute in the dailies.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

welcome Joe!  Paul is a great guy so if he pointed you in our direction, then you must be great too. 

Quickadder and I are also playing that silly 2018 in 2018 game 

Tammy

C-R

Welcome Joe. Good to see another fellow Hoosier in the Master's forum (I'm in Carmel). Drop a line if you head down for any races and I'd be happy to introduce you to our local running club folks.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Joe618

Welcome Joe. Good to see another fellow Hoosier in the Master's forum (I'm in Carmel). Drop a line if you head down for any races and I'd be happy to introduce you to our local running club folks.

Thanks!   I'm in Carmel regularly for races, was in downtown Indy for the Firecracker 6 on the 4th.    Will be at the 8 Hour Endurance Event at Butler in 11 days.  We can say hi sometime, I'm sure!!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

C-R

Thanks!   I'm in Carmel regularly for races, was in downtown Indy for the Firecracker 6 on the 4th.    Will be at the 8 Hour Endurance Event at Butler in 11 days.  We can say hi sometime, I'm sure!!!

Joe

I will be there as well running solo. Look for a Blue tent that likely will have a Notre Dame flag flying.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Joe618

I'll look for you!!   I'm running solo also, hope to get at least 10 laps (50K) done!!   Say hello when you pass me many times!!!

Joe

________

C-R

I'll look for you!!   I'm running solo also, hope to get at least 10 laps (50K) done!!   Say hello when you pass me many times!!!

Joe

Good one. Just coming off injury and was calculating what I can accomplish with a Galloway Run/Walk pattern of 10/2

Joe618

Good one. Just coming off injury and was calculating what I can accomplish with a Galloway Run/Walk pattern of 10/2

I use Galloway's pattern as well.   Unless it's very cool, I'm going to use a 1:30/1 run/walk pattern.  

________

Lisa11

Hi I have been running since age 17. Not terribly fast. I now try to do 1 marathon a year. On an age-graded calculator I am running faster now than when I was younger, so yay I guess 😃. I am doing about 40 miles a week, will start a new training cycle soon, and this marathon will be my first as a grandmaster senior.

TammyinGP

Welcome Lisa!

Most of the chatter around here takes place in the daily thread, so feel free to pop in as you'd like.

Tammy

Joe618

Hi I have been running since age 17. Not terribly fast. I now try to do 1 marathon a year. On an age-graded calculator I am running faster now than when I was younger, so yay I guess 😃. I am doing about 40 miles a week, will start a new training cycle soon, and this marathon will be my first as a grandmaster senior.

Welcome Lisa!   Aren't the age-graded calculations a hoot??!   Good for you!   Glad to have you.

Joe

________

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome Lisa!   Aren't the age-graded calculations a hoot??!   Good for you!   Glad to have you.

Joe

Welcome. too, Lisa.  Yes, I love AG--just wish I was still a bit faster to take advantage of it.  the corporate race I'm doing a few weeks scores the team total that way, and i manage to beat a few of the younger guys.  Plus we have a couple of much faster old guys that always do well for the team.

What Tammy said--that's where the action is, and we're all pretty friendly.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

My name is Kevin.  I reside in SE Missouri and began road racing at around 40 years of age.  Enjoy competing and hanging around people who want to be healthy.  Don't race as much as I use to but still try to do 6-10 races per year when healthy.  Have met many great folks at road races and while training.  I like to run the 5K races but will race up to HM distance.   Enjoy reading anything that has to do with running/training/the outdoor experience.