Masters Running

Friday, 4.8.16 (Read 36 times)

C-R

So sorry to hear that Tammy. Hope the meds help.

Good for you Dave. I get frustrated as well when the arguing seems to never end. Our company does something called a Brinkman study. Its designed to better educate how we tend to communicate, process data and roles we take in a team setting. It has been very helpful in better understanding and communicating with other members of the team. However, there are still those few that enjoy the endless arguing.

Well gotta get back at it. Good thing I'm unable to run so I can catch up on work this weekend.

Happy racing to the racers.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So, I'm thinking that getting an ear infection and not running for almost week is probably not great training practice.   Oh well, my ear feels better, so we'll give it a shot tomorrow.  It's only 10K, right?

We've had fun in Richmond so far.  Some walking about, but a nice lasagna for dinner to look forward to.  Should be perfect weather, though--39 overnight.  Maybe a little breezy, but the natives will be entertaining.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Get ready for a real weird guy.

sorry.

I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to meeting  you!

Dave - yes, yes, yes!!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave, I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with an argumentative jerk.  Twocat, I hope the hand heals quickly.  {{Tammy}}.  Nice long run, Mike.

This morning, while my wife had an appointment in Saginaw, I walked 3 miles on a nearby trail at a 13:17 pace.  This afternoon, I did another 2 miles at home at a 13:44 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yes, Dave--I think you need to come out to Portland and get away from people for awhile.

Good luck in your marathon, Holly!  How many will you have done, after this one?

One of my wife's daycare mom's cornered me, as I was trying to get out the door for my run, and asked if I would draw a set of plans for an addition they want done to their house.  I work 9 1/2 to 10 hours every day!  I hate my career field!  I hate drawing plans!  I'm no good at drawing plans any more!  Of course, I said I'd take a look at it.

When I finally got out of the house, I was all sweaty because she, literally, caught me as I was walking out the door for my run.  It was 34o and there was a 22 mph wind.  I continued to sweat while the wind was at my back and when I turned into the wind at mile 3--I froze my little butt off...not literally.  Anyway--I did 16 miles tonight and, when I got home, Debbie fed me 3 BLTs...I love BLT's...except I leave off the lettuce, so I actually have a BT but, if I had said "BT", nobody would have known what I was talking about.

Okay...I'm just rambling--so I'll leave you all...or y'all (depending on where you're from) alone.  See ya!  Good luck to the racers!

deez4boyz what three relays now and I had no idea you do not eat meat!

Well - we haven't completed #3 yet so I guess that's the reason!!  My Ironman son has gone vegan and I've considered it, but can't seem to want to give up my sushi and cheese loves.

Great runs out there today - fleet feet to all our racers this weekend!!

denise

{{{Tammy!}}} The good part is you should be feeling better within about 24-36 hrs, if they're pumping with as much prednisone as they have  Shorty.  Perry Blossom - Go cheer on everyone else.  You know how good that makes you feel when you're the runner.  {{{Hugs!}}}

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

too bad timing tammy.

maybe you can go early and volunteer

and run a shorter option, if any.

good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Dave - good for you.

Let people like that dig a hole. Of course, it's never their fault when things go awry.

(((((Tammy)))))

MikeE, before you get too deep in the plans, discuss an exorbitant fee paid in full up front. It's a polite way of saying that you don't want to do it.

SteveP