Masters Running

Sat May 8th Daily Runs - Workouts - and Rest for Some (Read 610 times)

Mariposai

Great 40 mile week there Craneium, how is Mrs Caeium doing with her running?

Joey, way to tough it out in that bad weather. 10 miles is a lot. Any race in your near future?

dg, you are so funny.

All joke aside, I celebrate the 6.5 miles that our "king of patience" was able to run today. I am so honored to be a friend with twocat, in RAworld and in the real world. He is one gentle, caring and fun loving soul who have endured his injury with so much calmness and great spirit. Here is to an even better week of running my dear friend.

RE: race tomorrow...go with the heart...the heart always knows best

I am still planning to run an LR sometime today. I was puttering around the garden and it got to be 68F, so I am waiting for the weather to be cooler to go running. For now I am planning the menu for tomorrow's brunch that I am cooking for some of my girlfriends and their family. I am alone this weekend and I can't think of a better mother's day than doing that which I love: cooking to bless  others. Salads ham and rolls dips are in the menu so far.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Amazing long runs in the wind for Holly and Tim!  Tough conditions - and you guys are tougher!

Nice 10 milers for Craneium and Vista, too.  I'm hoping for 10 miles tomorrow, which will be my longest run since December.

Craneium, congrats on a 40 mile week, and Ribs, congrats on a 50 mile week! 

Yesterday I went for a trail run after work, and it was magical.  IRC, low 50's, no wind, some clouds with a really pretty evening light, a pretty trail around a lake and up the river that feeds it, and everything turning so green.  Wish I could have gone further, but I had time for 7 miles.

Today we did our annual Mother's Day hike a day early, because DH is flying to Atlanta tomorrow for work. We went probably 6 miles or so, on a mountain trail in our local state park. Most of the snow is gone except in a few spots, so the trails should be runnable now.  Nothing's turning green yet at altitude but a few early pasque flowers were blooming.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wow!  Some great running today!  Fantastic for Holly and Tim especially.

10 trail miles this a.m. in 2:21.  Kept an overall 14:09 average pace.  Gotta love the downhill part of hills.  While climbing, my legs were really feeling the strength training I did yesterday.  I will be glad when my schedule goes back to me having Fridays off before Saturday LRs.

Afterward went and helped my dad retrieve a recliner he bought from a co-worker, and just got home a little while ago.  My dad's a hoarder, mostly of paperwork, magazines, etc., so it's depressing to go to his house, although it's not as bad as what you see on that TV show on TLC, "Hoarders."  I kept trying to get him to let me take some stuff with me to the dump, but nope.  There was a use for everything.  *sigh*  I'm really going to hate cleaning out that house when he goes.  Thankfully, it's a small house!

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

we had about the opposite weather conditions as you Tim! It was almost too warm for running this distance today. Laura started her running before I could though - so she was about 1/2 done by the time we met up. I had my son's football to go to this morning (and it was a great game too. they won with DS scoring all 3TD's for his team - but his teammates all had great defensive plays out there today).

I got in my 22 miles (actually made it 22.2). The time was not stellar (3:44). It was warm out and I was running solo then during the warmest part of the day. Went through 3 bottles of water, so had to make a few stops at convenience stores along the way). And I added in some hills - nothing too steep, but nice long inclines for a mile or two. It was a challenging run and I did contemplate making it even longer (like going the whole 26.2), but decided not to push it. I was slower at the the end, but my legs still felt strong. I was just getting so exhausted from the heat (reminded me of Seattle last summer!).

Tammy

Mariposai

I was waiting for Tammy's posting all day long. Great to hear that you ran the distance despite the heat. 3:44 for a 22.2 miler is a very good time. Normally the same distance takes me about 4 hours. Now rest up well...the hard work is done. Let the fun of slow tapering begin.

Carolyn, your hike sounded fabulous.

Well, only 4 miles up the hill for me. I decided to gift myself a long run as a mother's day present tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'll hop in here for the first time..

ran 6 miles tonight at 10 mm pace. Starting my training for both the USAFM and Columbus..and then likely Vegas. With consistant training, With consistant running between now and those races I should set a bunch of PRs this year. Ive run 10 marathons, but none faster than 5 hours. After the first few, I got generally lazier with my training. Im redidicating myselgf to my running after pretty much taking a full year without any real sognificant running.

Good luck to everyone that has a race tomorrow.

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Murphy (Derek) - your profile says you're only 39 - you think you can just sneak in here to the Master's forum and we're so senile we won't notice?   You whippersnapper...  

Welcome!  Will you be turning 40 soon?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hi Murphy (Derek) - your profile says you're only 39 - you think you can just sneak in here to the Master's forum and we're so senile we won't notice?   You whippersnapper...  

Welcome!  Will you be turning 40 soon?

Heh heh heh.  I thought the same thing.  Me thinks someone is actually looking forward to being 40!   IMHO, it's the best decade (so far).

'Posai - Your posts always make me smile.

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Murphy is welcome here! Hey Murph! Glad to see you here. If you're looking for motivation and inspiration, more than at Team Blister, this is a good place!

ha. Yes, I want to be the young one in a group once again. I turn 40 on December 21st. I cant wait until 2012, when my 42nd falls the same day the world is ending.

I did post in the newbie thread, and no one objected. So im here..

Thanks Erika. Thats exactly it. Everyone in Team Blister is great..just a much smaller group. I require instant feedback and swift kicks in the butt.

Well, if Erika says you're OK, then we'll go with it.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

Only time for a quick fly by at the moment. A VERY windy 10 miles this morning. Closing in on my first 40 mile week ever!

Saweet!!!

Welcome Murphy

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Murphy.  I missed saying Hi in the newbies thread.  As I recall, we did let Tammie in a little early, but she's a cute blonde.  What do you have to offer?   Both motivation and kicks in the butt are both applied rapidly and lovingly here.  Great place to hang out.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've run 10 marathons, but none faster than 5 hours.  After the first few, I got generally lazier with my training. 

Murphy - 

FYI, Tammy's dispensation at your same age was based on her hot tub attire

being the same as shoes are to my barefoot running.

I don't want to see it but send her a photo of you in a hot tub or other  appropriate attire, e.g. kilt,  etc.

ps - with your ten marathons and several planned this year, are you a marathon maniac?

pps - don't waste your time training.  Except for Ironmans and a few ultras,

it's way too overrated for the sake of a few extra minutes, or worse.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

breger, congrats to your son's girlfriend on getting the vet clinic job.  murphy, welcome.  Post often.

Nice long runs for breger, dave, bike, holly (in gale force winds), vista (longest since sept), craneium, fatozzig (on trails), and Tammy.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and there was a little wind.  I got in 5 miles in about 49:30 for a 9:55 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS