Masters Running

Tue Aug 18 Runs and Workouts (Read 423 times)

Nono...you are cool and amazing....just sayin'

Aamos---we are on the way to Toronto to cheer for those dang Sox...hope it works. The last day of their current series with the Jays is the kiddo's birthday. I hope our special chanting works.

The pleasure of meeting and running with Tramps was all mine! What he didn't tell you was that he got up at zero dark thirty to drive in to Richmond and meet me for a run. It was wonderful and the perfect start to a big meeting day. I can handle sitting at a conference table in execu-drag much better after a great run with a new friend. Tramps also fell for my "ask an open ended question right away so I can breathe heavily and get all settled in and appear non-stressed and mellow while running" ploy. An innocent: "So, what brought you to Virginia Tramps?" allowed me to snarfle and groan a bit internally and store up oxygen for the rest of the run. HA! No hitch in his stride and a good morning indeed. 

5 miles and all was well.

Back home and packed for vacation. 

See y'all next week sometime.

Maniac 505

Mari:

WOW  that sounds like quite a run, and quite an adventure.  I usually carry a few emergency bucks on my runs,  wouldn't have done you much good.  hope you didn't have to vault any of the rattlers :0

Dave

evanflein

6.1 miles tonight, about 8:30 avg pace. Almost didn't go because it was just pouring when I finally got picked up at 5:45, but it lightened up, almost stopped at one point, then started again lightly. It wasn't bad, but I overdressed. I only stopped once on the way back up the hill, and that was when DH drove up behind me and I gave him my jacket. I was steaming!

Blueberry pancakes for dinner...