Masters Running

Friday Again- August 11 (Read 31 times)

Good luck!  Glad you found this.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mrrun

lava fields - these are everywhere with variation depending upon the age of the lava

black beach - the stones are supposed to have healing powers, like Sedona. there was also an old shipwreck on beach which was left in place with do not touch signs

one of the paths we walked along the shore near a fishing town.

the pyramid and waterfalls are at right angles but from one side of the waterfall you can get both in the same picture

we also saw puffins, but too far away for my camera, a replica of leif ericson's home as well as the thatched homes from the 1700's. however, my phones aren't syncing pictures, so i copied the Facebook ones.

we're now on the northern part of iceland in the town of Akureyri with a wonderful botanical gardens and a magnificent church with icelandic history on the walls which may may or may not see depending upon the time we return tomorrow.

probably no running until we return to the us

marj

evanflein

I want to go to Iceland so bad! Thanks so much for posting these pictures, Marj. Just beautiful.

Yay, Tet! Glad you stumbled upon this opportunity and don't have to break your streak!

Leslie, I sure hope you get a break soon. That bursa issue is such a literal PITA!

Holly that little Rosie is sure a cutie. She looks like a real character.

RCG/Barb/Beurhle how long did it take RS to get his 50 states? I'm just curious. I seem to be going about it at a glacial pace.

4.4 mostly easy miles today. That wind yesterday was ushering in the cold front that is coming from up north. They were originally predicting 2' of snow in the Brooks Range (north of us), but now just a couple inches. Likewise, our forecast of a 56° high for tomorrow has been moved out (and up) to low 60's on Monday. We could see mid-70's tomorrow so really not bad at all. This weather stuff is so crazy. It seems to be mostly a WAG, especially as far as severity. I mean, it's one thing to say we might get snow at certain elevations, but to try to pin it to a specific measurement just seems silly. It always gets changed or doesn't happen. Same with rain. Bleh.

catwhoorg

Labrat

6 at lunchtime, then doubled up with a slow 5 after work as the rain was still holding off.

I have always wanted to go to Iceland. It will be one of my retirement trips to go.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

coastwalker what stumpy77 said about the wasp eradication. I have used the sprays as well. Works wonders. Unless, of course, you are a wasp. Then it is not such a hot deal.

fatozzig very nice to hear that you DH's first sponsor brought such joy to him. I hope the sponsor knows.

Today I spent an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow I am hoping to run in the local crazy distance race. On tap is a 6.76 mile route. Weather looks to be in the 60's with a dew point to match. Bleh. Thank you all for the well wishes regarding the surgery. I am going to need them!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I want to go to Iceland so bad! Thanks so much for posting these pictures, Marj. Just beautiful.

Aren't you within running distance?

Yesterday, I couldn't wait to get home to run and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Today...I had to drag my butt out the door and couldn't wait 'till it was over. 6.4 dismal miles.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

spacityrunner

4 miles on west mountain at sunset.  hot and humid.  JTWILI 

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Aren't you within running distance?

Mike needs a geography lesson.