Masters Running

Snowy Tuesday, 3.14.17 (Read 39 times)

...Impressive Work-Outs,,,,,,,

I TOTALLY Wimped Out today..........Get 'em tomorrow

.................good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

spacityrunner

No snow here in AR, but it feels dang cold...45f ...yeah I know...

But perfect for running...and with some extra time a lunch I headed for my favorite mountain trail.  4.3 miles on West Mountain, 57 min.  Its been a while since I've been able to do that...I am stoked!!

Now its back to work.  

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

Literally 3 hours in the dental chair today, to get root canal and replace a broken bridge.  Total cost  will be app. $2650.  DH blew up about it, insisting that I close the small account I use to divert a small amount from my earnings to pay for my running hobby, and divert all of that to my dental work, now and future come.  He is demanding that I acquiesce to no more implants, only dentures from here on out.  I am weighing divorce vs teeth.  Seriously. I love DH, but will not be dictated to on this subject.  I make $43K/year for crying out loud, do I not have the right to spend a certain percentage on my teeth?

Okay, sorry for the vent, it was just a traumatic day.....(sigh)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly - Wow!  I'm scratching my head trying to think of a respectable reply. . . . I will say this - IMHO:

(1) Unless all of your teeth are falling out of your head, you're too young for dentures.

(2) You have every right to put a little money aside for your running.  The only time I would think no to something like that is if doing so is a detriment to your family, i.e., you can't pay your bills, you can't buy food, your kids are going without the basic necessities.  I think for just about all of us, exercise - be it running, walking, pool running, whatever - is what keeps us sane and able to deal with the every day stress of life, like having your dental implant break unexpectedly.  Races keep us motivated to keep running.

Money seems to be the one thing that will bring a couple to loggerheads.  It's a tough subject for some reason.  Give your DH the benefit of the doubt that he was just in shock at the sticker price, especially since you guys just returned from vacation.  Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail and the two of you will be able to discuss the issue in a more civil manner.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Holly- I think your husband is out of line here. Dental work is expensive- even with insurance- and often unpredictable.  You should pay for the best option for YOU- and I doubt that is dentures!  And your running hobby is a whole lot cheaper than a therapist or meds!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

I think for just about all of us, exercise - be it running, walking, pool running, whatever - is what keeps us sane and able to deal with the every day stress of life, like having your dental implant break unexpectedly.  Races keep us motivated to keep running. 

or the stress of dealing with your DH.!

I hope Leslie is right that he reacted harshly instead of responding compassionately due to the sticker price. but good lord girl - the comments you've had to deal with over the years that you've shared with us from him - well, you better keep running for your sanity!

Tammy

SteveP

Prayers for the snow covered friends.

Tramps, thank you for the info on Mr. Whitlock.

Happy Birthday Remi!!!!!

Hi Bertha!! You look like a pleasant challenge.

Holly, I loved your Jamaica exploits. I appreciate that you've been getting implants.

I agree with Tet about the seafood posts. I used to take the the kids to a seafood market and tell them it was Sea World and the fish were sleeping. Gosh we saved a lot of money....Fond memories.

SteveP

. I used to take the the kids to a seafood market and tell them it was Sea World and the fish were sleeping. Gosh we saved a lot of money....Fond memories.

...Best Line of The Day.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...Best Line of The Day.......

Ineed!! 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance